Financial Analyst - Wonderful Orchards
Company: The Wonderful Company
Posted on: June 6, 2021
With approximately 100,000 planted acres in California's San
Joaquin Valley, Wonderful Orchards is the world's largest grower of
almonds, pistachios and pomegranates. Wonderful Orchards is a part
of The Wonderful Company, a privately held $5 billion global
company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the
world through its iconic consumer brands which include Wonderful
Pistachios, Wonderful Halos, POM Wonderful, FIJI Water, Teleflora,
and JUSTIN Wine.
We are currently looking for a Financial Analyst to be a key
part of the Orchards Financial Planning & Analysis team supporting
Wonderful Orchards in the annual budgeting process and monthly
financial forecast and analysis. This position will provide both
financial and strategic support to senior management, including
preparing financial presentations, capital expenditure analysis,
and other special projects.
Here's what you'll do:
- Efficiently compile, organize and analyze financial information
and raw data; interpret data to explain past financial performance
and project future results
- Aid in the development and execution of the annual budget and
monthly forecasts for farming activities, focusing on the
underlying business drivers, key financial and operating metrics,
and relative sensitivity analysis
- Develop and manage reports for spending trends, capital
analysis, and forecasting while collaborating with operations teams
to monitor budget adherence and ensure proper financial
- Assess, monitor, track and improve effectiveness of labor,
materials & overhead spend
- Utilize Tableau, Oracle and Oracle Hyperion to develop and
communicate value-added reporting
- Provide assistance for ad-hoc analytical projects to operations
teams as assigned
As part of completing these responsibilities, it will be
necessary for the Analyst to build and maintain strong
relationships throughout the organization. This position also
requires actively partnering with cross-functional teams throughout
the organization in order to understand farming expenses and the
main KPI's that drive efficiency. The Analyst is responsible for
all aspects of their analyses: formulating the plan, determining
the data requirements, extracting and manipulating the data,
conducting the analyses, determining the conclusions and then
communicating those to the working team in a concise and organized
fashion. The Analyst will regularly interact with the farming
Senior Leadership team and must be able to do so confidently and
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business
Administration, Economics, Statistics or a related field is
- Minimum of 2-5 years of progressive experience in finance,
accounting or a related field
- Analytical and reporting skills with the ability to resolve
issues and develop new processes when necessary
- Ability to analyze large volumes of data, including ability to
effectively communicate findings and recommendations in a concise
and intuitive manner
- Experience in Excel is preferred - including building and
maintaining financial models; Oracle, EBS, Hyperion or Tableau
experience is a plus.
- Outstanding verbal/written communication, presentation,
organizational and teamwork skills are required
- Self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented and can work with
limited supervision in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial small-team
- To multi-task, prioritize and work quickly/accurately under
pressure and with constantly shifting priorities to meet
- Ability to travel to multiple farming office locations within
the central valley of California
- Flexibility to work additional hours as needed
- Be on the forefront of a growing business!
- Competitive benefits packing including Medical, Vision, Dental,
401k and bonus opportunity
- Continued training and generous Education Reimbursement
- Paid Sick, Vacation, Personal Hours and holiday time
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to
donate company money to a cause of your choice
Why choose Wonderful?
The Wonderful Company is a successful, entrepreneurial,
privately held company with healthy, iconic, authentic brands, and
ethical, creative, innovative business practices. We are passionate
about sustainability, social responsibility, philanthropy, and
wellness -- for our employees, their communities, and consumers
around the world.
- We are harvesting a better world - We use the power of business
to make the world a better place.
- We nourish, naturally - We believe that what you put into your
body matters. The most nutritious -- and best-tasting -- foods are
those from nature.
- We play to win - Our employees set ambitious goals and meet
challenges with unified purpose and unmatched energy.
- We act differently - With courage and fearlessness, we are
relentless in our quest to inspire healthier. food and beverage
choices. As a privately held organization, we have the freedom and
the power to make quick and effective decisions.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and core
values, visit www.wonderful.com or follow us on Facebook, Twitter
Please click here to view our Privacy Notice.
Wonderful Orchards and The Wonderful Company is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected
veteran status, or other protected categories.
Keywords: The Wonderful Company, Bakersfield , Financial Analyst - Wonderful Orchards, Other , Shafter, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!