Bilingual EMT, Paramedic or LVN - Worksite Clinic (PRN)
Company: Medcor, Inc
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Are you an EMT or Paramedic looking to use your skills outside
EMS? Are you an LVN looking to pick up extra shifts in a clinic
setting? Do you routinely engage in conversations with everyone you
meet? Do you treat your patients as good, if not better than you
would treat yourself? Do you like job perks, good pay, and growth
potential? If so, then Medcor may be the right company for you!
Heres why people love working for Medcor:
- Stability! Weve been around since 1984.
- Opportunities galore! Medcor has a lot more to offer than just
this job. There are opportunities to move vertically, horizontally,
and geographically. Annually, 20% of our openings are filled by
internal employees. The fact is, opportunity exists here!
- Training! We believe in it and well train and support you to be
the best you can be. We feel we offer more training than most other
- Travel! With new clients and projects added daily, there is
always an opportunity to transfer across the country.
- We have an open-door policy. Do you have something to say?
Speak your mind! We encourage it and we look forward to how you can
help our organization.
Medcor is looking to hire a bilingual (English & Spanish
speaking) EMT, Paramedic or LVN on a PRN basis (as-needed) to be a
Worksite Health Technician in an employer based, occupational
health clinic setting in Arvin, CA. The clinic operates Monday
through Friday, 24 hours/day.
THIS IS NOT A FULL TIME JOB. IT IS PRN/COVERAGE
- Since this is on an as needed basis there are no guaranteed
hours. If you have the availability to pick up an occasional shift
we invite you to apply.*
The positions responsibilities include collaborative work with
the medical and operational leadership at Medcor, local medical
providers, client staff, with key contacts within the clients
corporate structure. The day-to-day role of the Worksite Health
Technician includes patient care, ongoing workers compensation case
management, Return to Work (RTW) program facilitation, and
treatment plan monitoring. This position will work closely with
outside medical providers.
A typical day in the life of a Worksite Health Technician
- Participate in daily operations at Medcors on-site clinic
- Provide superior customer service to Medcors client and
- Assessment and treatment of workplace injuries and illnesses
according to Medcors Evidence Based Medicine protocols, known as
the Medcor Care Protocols (MCPs)
- Build and maintain internal team relationships
- Support for onsite employee health and wellness efforts
- Pre-employment and post-offer screenings
- Documentation of care using state-of-the-art EMR and other
- Physical Assessment Testing (PATs)
- Case Management
- Medical charting
- OSHA record-keeping
- LOVE what you do
- Have valid licensure for the position in which you are
- Have current CPR/BLS
- Be bilingual (English and Spanish speaking)
- Have strong computer and other technology skills (navigate cell
phones, texting, fax machines, etc), as well as familiarity with
- Be strong enough to lift a 50lb emergency response bag
- Possess excellent verbal / written communication skills
- Have a positive and outgoing personality
- Be willing to go above and beyond just because thats who you
- Be passionate about people and giving them the best care
- Be able to have fun
It's a Plus If
- You are comfortable working in a worksite clinic
- You have relevant occupational health experience
- You have experience in emergency medicine or critical care
We dont just advocate for our clients and our patients; we also
advocate for ourselves. To learn more about Medcors Culture
Keywords: Medcor, Inc, Bakersfield , Bilingual EMT, Paramedic or LVN - Worksite Clinic (PRN), Other , Arvin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!