Department Assistant II, Short-term Temporary Hourly Assignment
Company: Kern Comunity College District
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Job Title: Department Assistant II, Short-term Temporary Hourly
Assignment Position Number: 01805 Posting Date 07/26/2018 Closing
Date Initial Screening Date Open Until Filled Yes Position Type:
Short-term Temporary Hourly Rate:
$15.45 per hour
Work Week Flexible - as needed Minimum Salary: Maximum Salary:
This position does not qualify for benefits.
College/Site: Bakersfield College Location BC-Main Campus Basic
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, provide a variety
of clerical services to College administrators, faculty and staff;
provide information to the faculty, staff, students and public;
provide staff assistance to departments.
- Perform general clerical work; file, schedule appointments and
process personnel information; order, distribute and maintain
- Type and proofread a wide variety of reports, letters and
memos; type from rough draft, verbal instructions or transcribing
machine recordings; compose routine correspondence related to
responsibilities assigned; assist in gathering information for
College, District and State reports.
- Provide information on classes, instructors and schedules to
other offices and the general public; issue, receive, type and
process various applications, permits and other forms; receive and
- Perform a variety of work involved in student and employee
assistance, preparation of invoices, preparation of payroll,
inventory, time cards, accounts and bank deposits, and
- Maintain calendars and schedules of activities, meetings,
interviews and appointments; coordinate activities with other
departments, the public and outside agencies.
- Organize and maintain filing systems; maintain records related
to area of assignment including employee files, affirmative action
records, worker's compensation files, job announcement,
application, interview and fiscal files.
- Review materials for completeness and conformance with
established regulations and procedures; apply applicable policies
and procedures in determining completeness of applications, records
and reports; provide information and forms to the public; collect
and process appropriate information.
- Serve as a receptionist; answer the telephone and provide
information to the general public regarding community college
policies and procedures as required.
- Order, receive and process textbooks, materials and supplies
for students and staff; process refunds; perform cashiering duties;
process billing for outside agencies; balance and provide related
- Process and verify financial aid, employment and student
assistance program documents.
- Exercise functional and technical direction over student
assistants as assigned; assist in the selection of staff and
- Perform related duties as assigned; duties performed at
extension sites may be diverse and varied.
Education and Experience
Any combination equivalent to: Graduation from high school AND
two years of responsible clerical experience.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions
(Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the
United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be
evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a
screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to
limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum
qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an
Knowledge and Abilities
- Modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment.
- Word processing methods, techniques and programs.
- Correct English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Principles and practices of record-keeping.
- Learn, interpret and apply the policies and procedures of the
- Perform general clerical work including maintenance of
appropriate records and compiling information for reports.
- Work courteously with students and the general public on the
telephone or in person.
- Assist in budget preparation, monitoring and
- Perform simple mathematical calculations.
- Operate a variety of office machines including a computer and
- Understand and follow oral and written direction.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working
relationships with others.
Salary Grade 35.0 Special Instructions to Applicants
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position
is filled. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or
reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
- List of six (6) professional references - Listed on application
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate
in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the
Keywords: Kern Comunity College District, Bakersfield , Department Assistant II, Short-term Temporary Hourly Assignment, Other , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!