Human Resources Assistant
Company: Cerro Coso Community College
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, perform
responsible personnel and clerical duties in the areas of
recruitment, examination, placement and maintenance of personnel
records and files, and the preparation of related reports; provide
information and assistance in person and on the telephone to
College personnel, staff and the public regarding personnel
- Perform a variety of personnel and clerical duties related to
the recruitment, examination, selection and processing of
classified or academic personnel as assigned.
- Provide information and assistance in person or on the
telephone to College personnel, staff and the public regarding a
variety of personnel matters, such as job availability, personnel
regulations, policies and procedures.
- Receive and process information for personnel requisitions;
prepare and distribute job announcements; place local and regional
newspaper advertisements; prepare purchase orders for advertising
and supply accounts.
- Prepare, type, update, monitor and maintain a variety of forms,
reports, bulletins, records, schedules, lists, reference manuals
and files according to established procedures; verify and post
information as necessary to assure completeness and accuracy.
- Prepare, distribute, receive, record and maintain files of job
applications, transcripts and other information; screen for
completeness, file, or refer to appropriate department for
- Prepare and submit Board approval agenda items and pay
authorization sheets; determine appropriate rate of pay according
to established guidelines and procedures; audit and distribute
paychecks; accumulate time sheets for payroll preparation; input
correct pay codes, hours and other information into an assigned
- Process workers compensation claims of injuries/illnesses for
district office employees; coordinate workers compensation services
with SISC claims representatives; monitor employee utilization of
workers compensation leave benefits and coordinate compensated
leave with the payroll office.
- Perform duties related to the examination of applicants as
required; assemble and organize written examination materials;
administer, correct and score written exams; notify final
- Schedule and arrange interviews; gather, type and distribute
interview candidate and selection committee packets; schedule panel
members; communicate with applicants interview requirements and
arrange for equipment for applicants as needed; direct candidates
to appropriate interview site.
- Distribute and process a variety of forms for employee status
changes including new employment, promotions, temporary
reclassifications, retirement, resignation and leave of absence;
process paperwork related to workers compensation.
- Conduct new employee orientation and provide information
related to District policies, procedures and other information as
needed; explain medical, dental, vision, life and other benefits
available; assist with the completion of enrollment forms as
- Order and maintain office supply inventories.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information regarding
collective bargaining agreements and other sensitive
- Attend a variety of meetings and participate on assigned
committees as directed.
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Education and Experience
Any combination equivalent to: Associate degree and two years
increasing responsible general clerical experience involving public
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions
(Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the
United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be
evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a
screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to
limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum
qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an
Knowledge and Abilities
- Modern Human Resource office functions, practices and
- General payroll practices and procedures.
- Record-keeping techniques.
- Operation of a computer terminal.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Telephone techniques and etiquette.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Basic arithmetic.
- Perform responsible personnel and clerical duties in the areas
of recruitment, examination, placement and maintenance of personnel
records and files and the preparation of related reports.
- Maintain the security of confidential materials.
- Learn and apply personnel rules and related procedures.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Maintain records and prepare reports.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working
relationships with others.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Salary Grade 42.5 Special Instructions
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is
filled; but those received by 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) on
March 31, 2021 are assured consideration. The College
reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the
recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
- List of six (6) professional references Listed on application
Keywords: Cerro Coso Community College, Bakersfield , Human Resources Assistant, Other , Ridgecrest, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!