Company: Grimmway Farms
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Position is responsible for managing all activities of service
orders and capital expenditure projects while maintaining clear
communication on all aspects of the project with the client (GM
and/or project originator). Primary objective is efficient
coordination and timely execution of the project/service order.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Act as primary liaison with project originators (clients) and
stakeholders (Production, Maintenance, QA, Safety, Regulatory,
Management), Construction service groups and outside
sub-contractors as needed.
- Work with client to define scope of service request.
- Perform required calculations, equipment specifications, and
development of concepts and layouts to meet the client's
- Coordinate with outside sub-contractors, vendors and other
engineers for equipment, services, drawings, specifications as
- Obtain bids for equipment and services for projects/service
orders, and then procure same once project is approved.
- Oversee and hold outside sub contractors to quality
- Develop preliminary and detailed budgets, and be accountable to
them for life of project.
- Prepare proposal packages for client/management approval.
- Develop, maintain, communicate and be responsible for the
- Communicate all project coordination activities with
- Coordinate all construction disciplines on project activities
- Coordinate training of personnel on new installations with
Maintenance and Operations requirements.
- Other duties as required.
Ability to frequently move about inside the office and food
processing facilities (sometimes in narrow passages, in wet areas,
climb ladders on to elevated platforms.) Must be able to remain in
a stationary position throughout much of the working day. Ability
to operate a computer and other office productivity equipment.
Ability to work outdoors. Must be able to work in different
temperatures (as hot as 100 to 110F and as cold as 32 to -20 F)
Must be able to work in high noise area. Must be able to move items
up to 25 lbs.
College degree in an Engineering discipline or Construction
Management, or comparable industry experience within food
processing, engineering or construction related field required.
Minimum of five (5) years working in construction or other
engineering related industry, preferably with project management
Knowledgeable and proficient in AutoCAD, MS Office and MS
Ability to develop project budgets and manage multiple projects
and tasks simultaneously.
Must be a good listener, team player and flexible in providing
solutions to the client.
Ability to evaluate problems and conflicts to arrive at
practical solutions using sound judgement and good common
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Remote work not available for this position.
Travel in the Bakersfield area could be frequent, between 25% -
50% of the time, as needed.
Travel out of the Bakersfield area / out of state facilities
could be about 5% of the time.
Must have a valid driver's license with a clean DMV driving
- Must pass pre-placement drug/alcohol screen, physical and
functional capacity evaluation.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, and
- 401k plan with a discretionary match, subject to a vesting
- Paid Sick, Vacation, Holiday Time and Personal Hours
- Local car dealers discounts for Employee Vehicle Purchase/Lease
- Subsidized gym membership with InShape health clubs
- Free on-site personal training and other wellness-focused
activities at company gym
- Tuition discount partnership program with University of La
- Discounted tickets to major theme parks throughout
Keywords: Grimmway Farms, Bakersfield , Project Manager, Other , Arvin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!