Automation & controls Technician
Company: Grimmway Farms
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Technician will work on installing and/or troubleshooting
electrical control systems, including but not limited to, PLC and
HMI systems, motor control panels, sensors, and OEM equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Install, maintain and repair automated control systems.
- Troubleshoot PLC & HMI code.
- Develop PLC & HMI programs based off of approved control
philoshphies both written and verbal.
- Understand and follow NFPA 70E Safety Standards.
- Troubleshoot control systems, networks and control panels.
- Participate with team of controls engineers to start-up
projects as needed.
- Effectively communicate technical solutions for control system
- Understand and interpret P&ID drawings, electrical
drawings, and network drawings.
- Travel for work as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Operating hand and power tools and working on equipment that is
elevated or at ground level. Ability to visually inspect equipment
and product. Work on uneven terrain both on foot and while aboard
moving equipment and in a wet and damp environment. Must be able to
remain in a seated or standing position for extended periods
throughout the working day. Ability to get on and off various
stationary and moving equipment. Ability to frequently move about
inside the assigned work space and in food processing facilities.
Ability to operate a computer and other office productivity
equipment. Ability to continuously work indoors and/or outdoors all
day in various and sometimes extreme weather conditions. Must be
able to work in different temperatures (working temperatures as hot
as 100 to 110 F and as cold as 20 F to 32 F). Must be able to work
in a high noise area. Must be able to move items weighing up to 30
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED) is required
- Minimum 3 years' experience in troubleshooting automated
control systems, PLCs & HMIs
- Able to use electrical rated hand tools and electrical testing
- Familiar with NFPA 70E, NEC, API, and ISA standards
- Must have the ability to travel when needed to various Grimmway
- Must have a valid driver's license with a clean DMV driving
- Must pass pre-placement drug/alcohol screen, physical and
functional capacity evaluation
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, and
- 401k plan with a discretionary match, subject to a vesting
- Paid Sick, Vacation, Holiday Time and Personal Hours
- Employee Vehicle Purchase/Lease Programs
- Subsidized gym membership with InShape health clubs
- Free on-site personal training and other wellness-focused
activities at company gym
- Tuition discount partnership program with University of La
- Discounted tickets to major theme parks throughout
- Work life balance
Keywords: Grimmway Farms, Bakersfield , Automation & controls Technician, Other , Arvin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!