Job Title: Admissions & Records Technician II - Enrollment
Services (One or More Positions) Position Number: 03241 Posting
Date 02/25/2021 Closing Date Initial Screening Date 03/11/2021 Open
Until Filled Yes Position Type: Classified Rate: Work Week 40 hours
per week, 12 months per year Minimum Salary: $3,985.00 per month
Maximum Salary: $5,630.70 per month Benefits:
Our competitive benefits package includes medical, dental, and
vision insurance; life insurance and dependent life coverage;
long-term disability insurance, and an employee assistance program
(EAP). At this time, all premiums for the employee and their
eligible dependents are fully paid for by the District.
In addition, employees have the option to purchase:
- Flex 125
- AFLAC Policy
- Supplemental voluntary life insurance
- 403b Tax Shelter Annuity
All coverages begin on the first day of the month following the
hire date. Employees are covered under the California Public
Employees Retirement System (CalPERS) and are vested 100% after
five years of full time service.
College/Site: Bakersfield College Location BC-Main Campus Basic
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, perform a variety
of complex technical tasks relative to the daily activities of the
Admissions and Records Office; evaluate student transcripts;
provide information about the College to faculty, staff, students
and the general public.
- Receive and process petitions for graduation; evaluate
transcripts from other colleges; determine course equivalencies;
credit student record; evaluate student records for graduation and
transfer eligibility; post units and grade points to student
record; calculate grade point averages; post graduation dates,
majors, and class rank to individual transcripts; provide
graduation lists for publication.
- Prepare certification of general education requirements for
four-year colleges and universities; monitor changes in course
requirements for transfer purposes.
- Assist in the administration of the office; respond to
technical questions from staff; train and provide work direction
and guidance to student assistants.
- Accept and review registration applications for accuracy and
completeness; determine enrollment eligibility, including
determining eligibility for international students, immigration and
VISA requirements; calculate and collect appropriate enrollment
fees; monitor and tag a variety of enrollment components, including
residency, financial obligations, assessment, probationary status,
- Communicate admission policies and procedures to a variety of
individuals and organizations, including students, staff, the
public and outside agencies; respond to requests for enrollment
verifications from students and outside agencies and
- Assist students in obtaining records and copies of transcripts;
mail copies of transcripts and verifications of enrollment as
- Enter student data; update name and address changes on
transcripts and in student files; correct social security numbers
on student records.
- Process grade changes and petitions for academic renewal;
notify student of approval/disapproval; make changes to student
- Calculate and collect a variety of fees, including student body
cards, outstanding debts, transcripts, and college catalogs.
- Collect grade reports from instructors; check reports for
completeness; assist in distributing completed grade reports to
- Monitor student academic status and eligibility for various
on-campus clubs and committees, athletics, scholarships and
- Evaluate military records; post student military credit as
appropriate to policies.
- Prepare statistical information related to the Admissions and
Records Office; gather, calculate and prepare college attendance
information for distribution.
- Attend and participate in a variety of meetings, workshops and
conferences related to the Admissions and Records Office; assist in
the communication and implementation of new procedures.
- Perform related duties as assigned
Education and Experience
Any combination equivalent to: Associate degree AND two years of
general clerical experience, preferably with experience in an
admissions and records role.
Transcripts MUST be attached if an Associates degree has been
completed (Degrees cannot be substituted for transcripts)
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions
(Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the
United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be
evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a
screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to
limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum
qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an
Knowledge and Abilities
- Course descriptions and articulation agreements.
- Policies and procedures relating to the District's grading
- District admissions policies and procedures.
- Graduation and transfer requirements for various four-year
colleges and universities.
- Modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment.
- Business letter writing and report preparation.
- Principles and procedures of record-keeping.
- Basic arithmetic.
- Perform arithmetic calculations quickly and accurately.
- Maintain accurate student attendance and transcript
- Operate microfilm and computer or data processing equipment
used in maintaining office files.
- Respond to requests and inquiries from faculty, staff and
- Evaluate student records for graduation and transfer
- Calculate grade point averages quickly and accurately.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with
those contacted in the course of work.
Salary Grade 42.5 Special Instructions to Applicants
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position
is filled; but those received by 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time)
on March 11, 2021 are assured consideration. The College reserves
the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the
recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- Unofficial Transcripts from all colleges attended showing
degree(s) conferred (copies, and downloads are acceptable). Foreign
transcripts must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency at the
- List of six (6) professional references - Listed on application
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate
in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the
Additional openings that become available prior to the end of
the hiring process may also be filled from the qualified
The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to
work in the United States. Work authorization should be established
at the time of application submission.