Clinical Services Specialist
Company: Insulet Corporation
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Insulet started in 2000 with an idea and a mission to enable our
customers to enjoy simplicity, freedom and healthier lives through
the use of our Omnipod product platform. In the last two decades we
have improved the lives of hundreds of thousands of patients by
using innovative technology that is wearable, waterproof, and
We are looking for highly motivated, performance driven
individuals to be a part of our expanding team. We do this by
hiring amazing people guided by shared values who exceed customer
expectations. Our continued success depends on it!
Job Title: Clinical Services Specialist
Department: Sales Admin
FLSA Status: Exempt
- This entry level position is field based and will require 100%
travel (post COVID). Candidate location is flexible, so long as
there is proximity to a major airport. *
The Clinical Services Specialist (CSS) will work in conjunction
with the Clinical Service Manager, Territory Manager, Customer
Care, District Sales Manager and Insulet's Customer base in order
to meet the commercial and clinical needs in their territory for
the purpose of onboarding new customers, sustaining them on
product, and increasing new customer starts. This CSS position will
report directly to the Clinical Development Manager with a dotted
line to the assigned territory District Sales Manager
The Clinical Services Specialist (CSS) is primarily responsible
for meeting all clinical initiative expectations. This
responsibility will require extensive travel and extended stays in
a field-based territory to support open territory needs. The CSS
will provide product sales, training, data management, and
technical support in accordance with company policy. They will also
in-service physicians, mid-level staff, diabetic educators, and
ancillary staff on the Omnipod Insulin Management Systems, build
relationships with our customers, and skilled at selling and using
the Omnipod Insulin Management Systems.
Target customers will include physicians, mid-level staff (NP's
and PA's), dietitians, nurses, technicians, administrators, office
staff, sales personnel, and others whose responsibilities may
require the need for knowledgeable support of the Omnipod Insulin
- Promotes the benefits of insulin pump therapy and sells Omnipod
Insulin Management Systems to providers and customers in group
and/or individual sessions or as a continuing education
- Works in conjunction with Field and Inside Sales, Customer Care
and have a strong understanding of the Payor mix to achieve sales
- Assist with sales events such as pump clinics, pump support
groups, info sessions, in-the-office educational events, customer
info nights, JDRF walks, vendor days, etc.
- Evaluates and recommends Certified Pod Trainers (CPTs) who wish
to become consultant CPTs for Insulet Corporation.
- Assigns customer trainings to CPTs or conducts customer
training based on business needs of territory, overall costs of
training, and timeliness of training.
- Assist with providing regular product demos to customers and
- Oversee CPTs by providing timely product updates and by being a
- Performs outbound retention communication with customer as
needed post training for a great customer experience
- Assist with product training for Sales and Clinical hires as
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree with 1 - 3 years' experience in a clinical
setting assessing patient healthcare and 0 - 2 years' experience
managing diabetes and pump customers.
- Professional up to date credentials and/or certifications are
mandatory: i.e. Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist
(CDCES), Registered Dietitian (RD) or Registered Nurse (RN)
- State licensure is mandatory as required.
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist (CDCES) is
- Prior industry/commercial experience is not requirement but is
- Professional and polished presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal communications, both oral and
- Self-started who needs minimal direction; extremely flexible,
with good business acumen.
- Valid driver's license required. This position requires regular
business travel often by flight/car within a set geographic
- The work environment will be the HCPs offices, hospitals,
clinics, home office and car. Some lifting (up to 30 pounds) may be
required when sending or receiving shipments, in handling samples,
supplies or literature, and transport of laptop computer and iPad
Keywords: Insulet Corporation, Bakersfield , Clinical Services Specialist, Other , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!