REC/PRICING LEAD ASSOC-DG MKT in BAKERSFIELD, CA
Company: Dollar General Corporation
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers
for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time.
Save money. Every day. by offering products that are frequently
used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids,
cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at
everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar
General operated 17,266 stores in 46 states as of February 26,
2021. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General
sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as
Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars,
Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and
PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at
Under general supervision, lead the pricing integrity of the
store through the execution of daily and weekly pricing activities
as instructed through Store Net mail and emails from the DG Market
Merchandising team, as well as both DG and DG Market ads. Ensures
that all merchandise received is properly recorded on the receiving
log and assists the Store Manager in matching invoices for proper
clearing of the monthly transaction log.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides support to other managers as requested to maintain
receiving and pricing integrity.
- Ensures that all merchandise received is properly recorded on
the receiving log and assists the Store Manager in matching
invoices for proper clearing of the monthly transaction log.
- Count and inspect merchandise delivered from DSD vendors to
ensure accurate counts and billings following company vendor
- Work with other managers to identify service gaps and call the
DSD Hotline as needed.
- Report price discrepancies/problems to managers. Verify the
count and description of merchandise on credit invoices for all
merchandise removed by vendors. Maintain ordering records and
- Assist in plan-o-gram implementation and maintenance.
- Work with Manager on duty in the Execution of daily pricing
- Work with all Managers to ensure model store standards on
pricing are properly executed throughout the store.
- Assists in the installation of all promotional sign material as
outlined in the Monthly Activity Guide including AD signs, seasonal
shelf strips, shelf talkers, Ad rack signage, Peg labels, ceiling
- Responsible for maintaining both Merchandising and Pricing
standards in the "Last Chance" section.
- Assists in managing in-stock and pricing standards in all clip
strips and side wings throughout the store.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition,
subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier
accountability and deposit control.
- Ability to perform cash register functions.
- Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and
- Effective interpersonal and oral & written communication
- Understanding of safety policies and practices.
- Ability to read and follow plan-o-gram and merchandise
- Knowledge of and willingness to comply with company policies
and procedures as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures
manual, Employee Handbook, and company communications.
- Ability and willingness to obtain required certifications in
Work Experience &/or Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One to two years of retail clerk experience.
- Previous lead experience and/or grocery store experience
- Attainment of required local and state food handling
certifications, if applicable.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Dollar General Corporation, Bakersfield , REC/PRICING LEAD ASSOC-DG MKT in BAKERSFIELD, CA, Other , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!