Processor PSC - Bakersfield
Company: Sonic Healthcare USA
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position
General Description and Essential Functions
- Under the supervision and control of a Licensed Clinical
Laboratory Scientist may perform the following duties:
- Completes appropriate routing, handling, and processing of
various medical specimens by: properly verifying samples to
laboratory requisitions, verifying the correct sample(s) were
received for the test(s) ordered, and documenting date and time
specimen is received and/or any specimen discrepancies upon receipt
- Will be required to manually process and/or load patient
samples onto pre-analytical automated equipment for specimen
- Responsible for centrifuging samples and storing them at the
correct temperature as dictated by accepted specimen requirement
and handling procedures.
- Will be required to pull archived samples for add-on or repeat
- May be required to prepare, label, and store stock and work
reagents. May be required to perform data entry into the computer
- May be required to perform courier runs to outside draw
stations, clients, or other locations as deemed necessary.
- May be required to answer phones and interact with clients
and/or patients as necessary.
- Participates in and supports all Quality Assurance and Quality
Improvement endeavors for the laboratory, as applicable
- In addition to an employee's typical work schedule, this
position requires employees to work weekends, split shifts,
overtime and holidays if needed by the Company. Other duties may
apply as necessary.
- Light physical effort (lift/carry up to 25 lbs.)
- Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and
- Frequent, prolonged standing/sitting/walking
- Must be able to see, hear, and respond adequately
- Extensive computer work
- Frequent use of telephone and fax
- Occasional travel required to interact with Division personnel
and/or attend meetings, educational training
Work Experience and Educational Requirements
- Knowledge of basic laboratory, phlebotomy, and clinical
laboratory safety procedures is required.
- Ability to work the computer system, analyzer machines,
telephones, copy and fax machines.
- If employee is required to operate a company vehicle for the
performance of their duties, they must meet applicable company
insurance guidelines, including a DMV record comparable to that of
a Transportation Courier.
- High school graduate or GED required. Associates of Science
Degree or Bachelor of Science degree from accredited college or
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
WestPac Labs, Inc.
Sonic Healthcare USA provides equal employment opportunities to
all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Keywords: Sonic Healthcare USA, Bakersfield , Processor PSC - Bakersfield, Other , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!