Licensed Vocation Nurse (LVN) or Licensed Psychiatric Technician
Psych LVN / LPT
Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health
care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the
community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health
services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with
public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have
over 150+ programs and over 4,300+ employees across the country.
And we're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help
to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of
Telecare is proud to have been recognized by The Bay Area
Business Times as the 9th Best Place To Work In the Bay Area for
2020! This is the 18th time we have made the list!
Telecare's Eastern Kern Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU) will
provide outpatient psychiatric services to children and adults who
are experiencing a mental health crisis. The primary purpose of the
CSU will be to offer immediate individualized assistance to
stabilize acute psychiatric symptoms and help consumers avoid
inpatient hospitalization. The 24/7 program will have the capacity
to treat 12 consumers at any given time, both voluntary and
involuntary, and utilize a strengths-based, recovery oriented model
Employment Status: On Call
Shifts: Please apply and we will contact you about open
The LVN/LPT provides recovery focused services related to the
safe and appropriate administration of medical treatment (including
medications) as prescribed by the physician. Provides safe,
effective and efficient implementation of direct care in accordance
with established policies, procedures and standards of care.
- Graduation from an accredited LVN or LPT program and current
licensure are required.
- Previous experience with population to be served and/or work in
a similar program setting preferred.
- One (1) year of experience.
- Understanding of psychiatric illness, its treatment and
knowledge of psychotropic medication.
- Demonstrate the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs
in everyday language and contact with the internal and external
- If employed at Inpatient program, must assist with restraint of
clients in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault
crisis/crisis prevention training
- If employed at Outpatient program, must evade clients in the
event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis
- Establishes and maintains a therapeutic relationship with
- Provide nursing care and assist in the welcoming, admission and
- Collects data relevant to person served care. Develops and
implements nursing care plans
- Demonstrates knowledge of crisis management and
- Transcribes physician orders accurately and in a timely
- Administers medication and treatments to persons served
- Receives and presents change of shift report as assigned
- Adheres to medication management policies and procedures
- Notifies the prescriber and nursing Supervisor of any changes
in behavior or condition.
- Documents the persons served progress toward their Recovery
Plan goals. ? Attends and participates in community meetings and
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary team meetings and
treatment planning meetings
- Coordinates and participates in counting medications and giving
report at the beginning and end of each shift
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or
changed at the discretion of management.
- Ability to review and implements Recovery/Treatment plans.
- Ability to support persons served medical and psycho-social
- Administer oral and injectable medications
- Acts as a team member and provides input via reporting
observations, concerns and asking appropriate questions.
- Ability to review and implements persons served recovery
- Demonstrates ability to implement physical crisis and
The physical demands here are representative of those that must
be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, twist, squat,
kneel, crawl, climb and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or
less as well as to frequently sit, walk, reach, bend and do simple
and firm grasping of up to 50 pounds. The position requires manual
deviation, repetition and dexterity.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability