Phlebotomist (Part-time) - Lake Isabella
Company: Sonic Healthcare USA
Location: Lake Isabella
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position
General Description and Essential Functions
- Assembles equipment such as tourniquet, needles, and disposable
containers for needles, blood collection devices, gauze, cotton,
and alcohol on work tray according to requirements for specified
test or procedures.
- Verifies and records identity of patient and converses with
- Applies tourniquet to arm, locates accessible vein, swabs
puncture area with antiseptic, and inserts needle into vein to draw
blood into collection tube(s).
- Withdraws needle, applies treatment to puncture site, and
labels and stores blood container for subsequent processing.
- Perform data entry into the computer system.
- Verify insurance information.
- Process samples to prepare for proper laboratory testing.
- May be required to perform skin punctures.
- May be required to perform data entry into the computer
- May be required to perform courier runs to outside draw
stations, clients, or other locations as deemed necessary.
- Participates in and supports all Quality Assurance and Quality
Improvement endeavors for the laboratory, as applicable
- In addition to an employee's typical work schedule, this
position requires employees to work weekends, overtime, split
shifts, and holidays if needed by the Company. Other duties may
apply as necessary.
- Light physical effort (lift/carry up to 25 lbs.)
- Moderate reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and
- Frequent, prolonged standing/sitting/walking
- Must be able to see, hear, and respond adequately
- Moderate computer work
- Moderate use of telephone and fax
Work Experience and Educational Requirements
- If employee is required to operate a company vehicle for the
performance of their duties, they must meet applicable company
insurance guidelines, including a DMV record comparable to that of
a Transportation Courier.
- High school graduate or GED required.
- Valid State of California Phlebotomy Certification. Continuing
education as dictated by governmental agencies required for
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
WestPac Labs, Inc.
Sonic Healthcare USA provides equal employment opportunities to
all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Keywords: Sonic Healthcare USA, Bakersfield , Phlebotomist (Part-time) - Lake Isabella, Other , Lake Isabella, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!