Company: Bolthouse Farms
Posted on: June 8, 2021
- Start a conversation and schedule an interview by texting
"Carrots" to 661-403-4866.
- Inicie una conversacin y programe una entrevista enviando un
mensaje de texto "Zanahorias" a 661-403-4866.
- This position will report to the: Sr. Sanitation Manager
- Travel Requirement: TBD
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Employment Category: Full Time - Regular
STRONG HISTORY. EXCITING FUTURE.
Bolthouse Farms is in California's fertile San Joaquin Valley,
known for high-quality consumer brands and innovative products.
Bolthouse Farms is a market share leader in growing and
distributing carrots. In addition, Bolthouse Farms produces and
sells super- premium juices, smoothies, protein shakes and caf
beverages under the Bolthouse Farms brand name. In recent years,
Bolthouse Farms diversified its offerings by launching a line of
premium refrigerated yogurt and olive oil vinaigrette dressings.
The Bolthouse Farms mission is to change the way people consume
healthy foods and beverages. To learn more about the company's
mission and see the entire line of current products, visit
WHAT YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR IN THIS ROLE
Sanitation Manager is responsible for the overall direction,
coordination, and evaluation of the Sanitation department business
units across the Bakersfield location. The Sanitation Manager will
partner with the Bolthouse Farms Quality Assurance and Operations
departments to ensure a sound sanitation program, which meets or
exceeds federal, state, local and customer guild lines, and
provides an environment that supports healthy and safe food
production and maintains program integrity and customer
- Work with management and production personnel on sanitation
problems, and recommends changes in equipment, plant layout,
lighting, ventilation, or work practices to improve sanitation
standards and purity of product.
- Create a Safe Environment for all personnel by driving a safety
culture across the sanitation teams
- Provide various reports to designated plant personnel.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour
requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Assist with Trouble shooting for Quality, Sanitation, and Pest
- Provide communication to contracted service providers.
- Provide best practice guidance for all Sanitation, (Allergen)
Pest Control, Regulatory and Quality/Food Safety programs.
- Perform cleaning validations and ongoing verification.
- Evaluate, develop, standardize, and implement SSOP's and audit
Master Sanitation Schedules (Including Allergen Programs)
- Develop Training for Plant personnel (train the trainers):
Sanitation Inspection, SSOP's and Sanitation Metrics
- Develop efficacy programs for plant sanitation practices
- Provide Support to Sanitation Audits (SQF, FDA, Military, and
- Oversee the SDS, PPE, Chemical and Safety programs, and
- Implement a Safety Committee for the 3rd Shift Sanitation
- Manage and Develop the Master Sanitation Schedule for all
beverage lines and fresh carrot produce lines utilizing the JDE
software to create preventive maintenance jobs. Monitor performance
of the established tasks against.
- Prepare and maintain food safety policies and sanitation
- Work with QA and Plant Operations to develop and establish
sanitation program and standards that are consistent with safe
quality foods standards, GMP and all Federal, State and Regulatory
- Responsible for procedural and protocol adherence to the
sanitation/food safety program and ensure compliance with all
company and regulatory product quality standards, sanitation
standards, food safety standards, employee safety and environmental
- Provide input to management, Quality Assurance and plant
maintenance regarding practices and equipment that impact
sanitation includes the capital budgetary considerations
- Ensure that the facility is clean within all established
standards and regulations
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives
- Provide feedback regarding sanitation methods, practices,
traffic flow, and other improvement opportunities
- Recognize unsafe working conditions and suggest new safety
standards as appropriate
- Maintain adequate supply of all the necessary chemicals,
supplies and equipment to perform all sanitation tasks as
- Responsible for finding new technology, methods and regulations
relating to food plant sanitation methods and technology.
- Oversee the CIP team and build capabilities in our operators to
be better technicians.
- Help support in reducing the cleaning cycle across the
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or with a five to seven years
related experience or training
- Requires experience managing people/budgets
- Valid Driver License and clean driving record
- Proven, reliable, work history
- Leadership experience in a food manufacturing environment (3+
- May be required to walk, sit, stand, reach, climb or balance,
stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Ability to lift and/or move 50+ lbs
- Occasional exposure to cold (34 degrees) or sub-zero
temperatures, and warm above 90F.
- During the course of the COVID-19 pandemic, we recognize that
certain "non-essential worker" personnel may at times store
consumer-facing materials (including, but not limited to, EADs,
coupons, promotional materials, etc.) offsite from Company
locations, such as at associates' homes or in vehicles. All such
consumer-facing materials must be maintained in a smoke-free and
secure workplace environment.
WHAT WE OFFER
Our rich benefits packages are designed to support the health
and well-being of both our eligible co-workers and their
- Group Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Life and AD&D
- Group Short-Term Disability
- Group Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a
culturally diverse organization. We strive for inclusiveness and a
workplace where mutual respect is paramount. We encourage
applications from a diverse pool of candidates, and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, national origin,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or
veteran status. We will provide reasonable accommodations to
qualified individuals with disabilities, as need, to assist them in
performing essential job functions.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you are
interested in applying for employment with Bolthouse Farms and need
special assistance to apply for a posted position, or if you
believe you do not meet any of the required qualifications of a
posted position due to a protected disability and would like to
explore the possibility of an accommodation, please contact our
Talent Acquisition team at: TalentAcquisition@bolthouse.com for
additional support and guidance.
Bolthouse Farms does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Bolthouse Farms is not responsible for any fees related to
Keywords: Bolthouse Farms, Bakersfield , Sanitation Manager, Other , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!