Administrative Payroll Specialist
Company: Grimmway Farms
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Process weekly payroll for Administrative and Salaried pay
groups. Provide key support to Payroll Manager; including
Federal/State payroll tax filing oversight, EDD reporting,
deduction reconciliation oversight, 401k contribution
administration, year-end reconciliation and mandated employee
reporting, and labor expense reporting to divisions and
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform the following functions on assigned Pay Groups;
maintain employee Vacation and Sick Time accruals.
- Update employee tax set-up.
- Maintain non-exempt employees in Kronos timekeeping
- Figure and input Admin timecards if necessary.
- Upload weekly hours into Payroll System.
- Input all Incentive, Vacation and Sick time pay requests.
- Run pre-check reports and verify totals.
- Prepare (print, fold, seal, and sort) weekly payroll
- Prepare manual checks.
- Calculate vacation, retroactive, holiday, or final pays.
- Assure weekly benefit deductions balance with SRA changes.
- Create, run and distribute reports as required.
- Transmit weekly retirement plan files.
- Communicate daily with Company employees, supervisors, and
co-workers in Personnel and Benefits.
- "Dotted line" reporting relationship to Vice President of Human
Resources; assist with Deferred Comp Plan administration and other
duties as assigned.
- Reconcile tax histories and review quarterly tax returns
prepared by outside vendor.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Must be able to remain in a stationary position throughout much
of the working day. Ability to occasionally move about inside the
office. Ability to operate a computer and other office productivity
- Minimum five (5) years of previous personnel/payroll experience
- General bookkeeping experience may be substituted for a
- Experience with Ultipro (UKG).
- Must possess knowledge of general accounting practices, Federal
and State Wage & Hour Laws and Payroll Tax filing preferably with
Ceridian Tax Services.
- Must be computer literate in Windows based applications.
- Ten Key by touch and Data Entry accuracy required.
- Must be dependable, organized, and able to work under
- Must maintain strict confidentiality.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Some overtime may be required.
- Remote work not available for this position.
- Must be able to travel occasionally both local and out of state
depending on business need.
- Must have a valid driver's license with a clean DMV driving
- Must pass pre-placement drug/alcohol screen and background
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, and
- 401k plan with a discretionary match, subject to a vesting
- Paid Sick, Vacation, Holiday Time and Personal Hours
- Employee Vehicle Purchase/Lease Programs
- Subsidized gym membership with InShape health clubs
- Free on-site personal training and other wellness-focused
activities at company gym
- Tuition discount partnership program with University of La
- Discounted tickets to major theme parks throughout
- Work life balance
Keywords: Grimmway Farms, Bakersfield , Administrative Payroll Specialist, Other , Arvin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!