Senior Automation & controls Engineer
Company: Grimmway Farms
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Position is responsible for leading the detailed hardware and
software design of process automation control system projects, as
well as, defining architecture requirements, developing detailed
software design specifications, programming PLC and SCADA
applications, configuring client-server applications, configuring
historian databases, tuning control loops, providing control system
startup services, troubleshooting existing control systems, and
providing customer training.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop project documentation (IO list, device list, scope,
FAT, SAT, etc.)
- Perform FATs, commissioning, and SATs
- Develop and troubleshoot PLC & HMI code as required
- Design control systems, networks and control panels
- Perform job walks and develop project estimates
- Participate with team of project engineers to develop projects
- Coordinate panels, drafting and service work
- Effectively communicate technical solutions for control system
- Able to interpret P&ID drawings and specifications,
electrical design, network design, PLC & HMI development and
- Develop control philosophies based on project scope and
- Oversee start-up procedures for all new installations
- Remain pro-active with all automation & control,
instrumentation, maintenance codes, regulations, and industry
Operating hand and power tools and working on equipment that is
elevated or at ground level. Ability to visually inspect equipment
and product. Work on uneven terrain both on foot and while aboard
moving equipment and in a wet and damp environment. Must be able to
remain in a seated or standing position for extended periods
throughout the working day. Ability to get on and off various
stationary and moving equipment. Ability to frequently move about
inside the assigned work space and in food processing facilities.
Ability to operate a computer and other office productivity
equipment. Ability to continuously work indoors and/or outdoors all
day in various and sometimes extreme weather conditions. Must be
able to work in different temperatures (working temperatures as hot
as 100 to 110 F and as cold as 20 F to 32 F). Must be able to work
in a high noise area. Must be able to move items weighing up to 25
- Minimum of BS degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial
Automation engineering or 10 years of experience in an equivalent
- Experience with electrical instrumentation, control systems,
design engineering, PLC/HMI programming, drafting, and
comprehensive understanding of ISA and NFPA 70E codes.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in the use of Microsoft Suite and
- Skill and knowledge of good manufacturing practices, food
safety standards, and all OSHA requirements.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and various needs
simultaneously from start to completion.
- Self-motivated and self-starter requiring minimum
- Proven team player.
- Must be highly organized with proven ability to clearly
visualize and communicate an effective work execution plan.
- Strong written and verbal skills with approachability.
- Practical with good common sense and judgment.
- Must have a valid driver's license with a clean DMV driving
- Must pass pre-placement drug/alcohol screen, physical and
functional capacity evaluation.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, and
- 401k plan with a discretionary match, subject to a vesting
- Paid Sick, Vacation, Holiday Time and Personal Hours
- Employee Vehicle Purchase/Lease Programs
- Subsidized gym membership with InShape health clubs
- Free on-site personal training and other wellness-focused
activities at company gym
- Tuition discount partnership program with University of La
- Discounted tickets to major theme parks throughout
- Work life balance
Keywords: Grimmway Farms, Bakersfield , Senior Automation & controls Engineer, Other , Arvin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!