RWE Renewables Americas LLC, Taft, Vereinigte Staaten (US)
To start on 01/05/2021, Full time, Permanent
Functional area: Engineering; Electrical Engineering;
As Wind Farm Technician you support the overall operations and
maintenance of one or more wind farms and all related facilities to
assure safety and maximize availability in accordance with
- Assure that all operation and maintenance activities are
performed in a safe manner consistent with policies and procedures
established for the wind farm site, includes wearing essential
safety equipment, including a personal fall arrest system, as well
as identifying potential hazards on the job.
- Pass physical fitness tests required to maintain Global Wind
- Climb wind towers and access wind turbines to perform
- Lift, carry, and transport essential equipment, tools, and
materials to job site.
- Monitor the activities of maintenance contractors and ensure
corrective actions when appropriate.
- Assist in conducting acceptance and performance tests on
systems and equipment following planned maintenance or
- Perform safety and other wind farm related tasks when assigned
and fill in as back up to personnel at other RWE sites when
- Assist with turbine maintenance including services, major
component work and replacement, and troubleshooting.
- Adherence to the company's values and behaviors as defined by
the RWE philosophy.
- At least 2 years of work experience in operations and/or
maintenance in power generation, transmission and/or
- Alternatively 2 year or 4 year college degree from an
accredited school (other than correspondence or on-line) in a
technical science like engineering, physics, power, or closely
similar; current journeyman or master electrician license
- High School Diploma or GED, associate degree in Sciences or
related field from an accredited school preferred
- Unrestricted driver license in good standing
- Willing to relocate to within 1 hour drive of site
Apply now with just a few clicks: ad code 34699
Any questions? Rolanda Wilson (Recruiting),
We look forward to meeting you!
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications,
irrespective of gender, disability, nationality, ethnic and social
background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual orientation and
Of course, you can find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and
RWE represents change, innovation and sustainability. As one of
the world's leading generators of electricity from renewable energy
sources, we aim to be carbon-neutral by 2040 and to enable a
sustainable life for people around the world. To achieve this, we
are looking for dynamic and motivated people to join us in creating
a sustainable and secure energy future.
RWE Renewables GmbH is RWE's youngest subsidiary and one of the
world's leading companies in the field of renewable energies. With
an international team of around 3,500 employees, we are drivers of
the energy transition - and provide electricity for a sustainable
life. Our total capacity of more than 9 gigawatts results from
onshore and offshore wind parks, photovoltaic plants and battery
storage. We focus on growth: on the American continent, on the
European core markets and on new markets in the Asia-Pacific