Clinical Dietician - FULL TIME
Company: Brookdale Senior Living
Posted on: June 11, 2021
Overview: Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of
our associates, so you'll receive competitive compensation and a
benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile.
The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you'll earn
more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your
career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health,
financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you
can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something
bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and
military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients,
we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is
through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
• Benefit plan package
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
• Associate Compassion Fund
• Associate Discounts
• Identity theft protection
• Pet savings and insurance plans
• Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
• Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
• Paid Time Off
• Adoption Benefit
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and
• Voluntary STD and LTD Responsibilities: Under limited
supervision, coordinates nutritional care of residents by
completing nutritional assessments, developing and implementing
care plans and documenting dietary information about residents.
Ensures diet plan is consistent with regional direction.
- Consults with residents to evaluate nutritional needs; assesses
nutritional needs by using assessment tools; in conjunction with
the resident, develops a nutrition care plan; makes appropriate
referrals to other care providers; conducts follow-up visits to
monitor resident progress.
- Documents care information; participates in case conferences to
discuss resident's strengths and needs with team members; consults
with team members regarding residents; review records to determine
client progress and makes modifications to the diet plan.
- Clinically supervises residents with high risk conditions such
as diabetes, obesity, etc.
- Identifies the need for and develops nutritional education
materials and tool to assist residents; conducts staff training
related to nutrition;
- Attends conferences, meetings and educational programs to
maintain currency in the field of nutrition.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should
perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Qualifications: Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Dietetics, Nutrition Science or a related
field and two years of experience in nutritional counseling.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special
Must be currently licensed as a Registered Dietician. Must have a
valid driver's license and a current 3-year driving abstract with
no more than one moving violation as a condition of employment.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions
within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve
moderately complex problems based on precedent, example,
reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a
thorough understanding of the organization and work environment.
Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Thorough
knowledge of principles and practices of nutrition including the
nutritional problems of a variety of age, cultural, social and
economic groups; principles of program planning, implementation and
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 5 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free
Keywords: Brookdale Senior Living, Bakersfield , Clinical Dietician - FULL TIME, Other , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!