UNIT SERVICE TECH, EKG TECH
Company: Mercy Hospital Bakersfield
Posted on: June 11, 2021
Founded by the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy Hospitals have a history
of caring for our community that goes back more than 100 years. We
provide a broad range of medical and surgical services including
minimally invasive and outpatient options. Our family of services
includes the area's only inpatient oncology unit, the Orthopedic,
Spine, and Hand Center, Family Birth Center, the Lactation Support
Center and retail store, and many others. Mercy Hospital Downtown
is a 194-bed facility located in downtown Bakersfield. Mercy
Hospital Southwest is a 78-bed facility and the only hospital
located in the rapidly growing area west of Highway 99. Mercy
Hospital is a member of Dignity Health and is a trusted community
partner, serving residents of Bakersfield and Kern County with
quality, compassionate care since 1910. Learn more at.
Performs EKG's; processing, locating and faxing EKG's; perform
ordering, stocking, preparation, storage, and distribution of
respiratory equipment and supplies; Perform routine changing and
supplying of oxygen tanks and regulators; Performs routine
maintenance on Respiratory Care equipment and quality control
checks; maintain records as necessary; Assist respiratory
Supervisor with related duties as required. Relationships: Reports
directly to Respiratory care supervisor or director. Respect for
people demonstrated in ethical and courteous behavior to fellow
employees and medical staff; accepts supervision and guidance while
working cooperatively and independently; follows regulations of the
hospital pertaining to job performance and behavior.
- Must demonstrate good interpersonal and customer service skills
along with basic time management skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with physicians,
support staff, patients and family members.
- Must demonstrate good communications skills by the ability to
handle conflicts in a professional manner, seeking assistance when
necessary, by using established line of communication for problem
solving and conflict resolution while maintaining the self-esteem
- Must have good mental skills and the ability to understand and
perform required procedures, adapt and improvise known procedures
to unusual or non-routine requirements as needed to insure proper
diagnosis and treatment in accordance with policy and procedures of
- Must maintain accurate and complete records and reports.
- Must have the ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to compile statistics, process simple math equations
and formulas preferred.
- Maintain current Healthcare provider BLS certification.
- Some experience in the use of computers preferred.
- Trained in basic computer skills, physically fit; able to
transport large pieces of equipment and supplies.
- Ability to accept supervision and guidance while approaching
the work of the department with initiative and self-direction.
- Ability to communicate with all personnel and establish
effective relationships with employees and the public.
Keywords: Mercy Hospital Bakersfield, Bakersfield , UNIT SERVICE TECH, EKG TECH, Other , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!