Care Coordinator/Clinical Supervisor Kern Goodwill Only
Posted on: July 19, 2021
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"
The Care Coordinator/Clinical Supervisor assesses patients from a
psychosocial perspective. They will screen, provide psycho-social
assessment, and provide prompt access to clinically appropriate
services for patients determined to be in need of psychiatric
interventions. Based on the needs of the patient identified through
a Psychosocial Assessment, Psychological Assessment or Psychiatric
Evaluation, treatment services will include individual competency
restoration, case management services, counseling, and skills
training that encompasses the principles of effective psychiatric
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of three years of experience in Mental Health
- Knowledge of the current edition of the DSM.
- Previous work with the chronically mentally ill.
- Mental Health Professional Licensed in the State of
- Monitoring supervisees' assessment, diagnosis, and treatment
- Providing regular feedback to the supervisee regarding
performance. At minimum, this will be done quarterly.
- Ensuring that the supervisee will perform services within the
scope of his or her competence and within the scope of the
supervisor's own competence.
- In conjunction with the Clinical Director, the clinical
supervisor will address clinical dynamics if this becomes a
significant issue in the supervisees' professional development and
identity as a clinician.
- In a timely manner, and in compliance with
institutional/organization policy, the clinical supervisor will
review his or her supervisees' records (e.g., progress notes,
- With the patient's written consent, the clinical supervisor may
review individual counseling and nitial evaluations in person.
- Direct supervisor co ntact shall occur as follows:
- Supervision shall include at least one hour of direct
supervisor contact in a confidential setting for each week for
which experience is credited in each work setting. An associate
gaining experience who performs more than 10 hours of direct
clinical counseling in a week in any setting shall receive at least
one additional hour of direct supervisor contact in a co nfidential
environment for that setting. For experience gained on or after
January 1, 2009, no more than six hours of supervision, whether
individual, triadic, or group, shall be credited during any single
- One hour of "direct supervisor contact" means any of the
- Individual supervision, which means one hour of face-to-face co
ntact between one supervisor and one supervisee. Triadic
supervision means one hour of face-to-face co ntact between one
supervisor and two supervisees. Group supervision means two hours
of face-to-face contact between one supervisor and no more than
eight supervisees. Segments of group supervision may be split into
no less than one continuous hour.
- A supervisor shall ensure that the amount and degree of
supervision is appropriate for each supervisee. Direct supervisor
contact shall occur within the same week as the hours claimed.
- Once the required number of experience hours is gained,
associates and applicants for licensure shall receive a minimum of
one hour of direct supervisor contact per week for each practice
setting in which direct clinical co unseling is performed. Once the
required number of experience hours is gained, further supervision
for nonclinical practice, as defined in paragraph (9) of
subdivision (a) of Section 4980.43, shall be at the supervisor's
- The clinical supervisor will co mplete six (6) hours of
continuing education in clinical supervision from an approved co
ntinuing education provider at least one time every license
renewal, as outlined in California statute and regulations.
- Provides comprehensive therapeutic services and completes
- Provides individualized competency to restoration services as
guided by psychologists' evaluation of barriers to competency.
- Perform other duties as required.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Keywords: Wellpath, Bakersfield , Care Coordinator/Clinical Supervisor Kern Goodwill Only, Other , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!