Automotive Yard Worker
Company: Lkq Corporation
Posted on: November 17, 2021
As a part of our growth, LKQ is looking for a dedicated
Self-Service Yard Worker with knowledge of auto parts and inventory
control. The Yard Worker will be responsible for preparing vehicles
to be stationed in the yard. The Yard Worker will work in
conjunction with the Loader Operator to stage cars or pull cards in
properly in the customer yard. This role would require compliance
with established company policies and procedures.Essential Job
- Could operate a forklift or will have the ability to be
- Remove all fluids, lubricants and components (ie: converters)
as required in a Safe and Efficient manner, and prep car for
setting on yard
- Will assist in the procedure of moving vehicles form the
process area to the customer yard.
- Clean out debris from inside vehicles before they go the
- Pull batteries to be tested for possible resale.
- Bring various items such as batteries, wheels and tires to the
- Work in conjunction with the Loader Operator to stage cars or
pull cards in properly in the customer yard.
- Work the yard and place any parts of other items that are in
the ground into the cars or bins.
- When removing cars from the yard making sure there is no debris
or parts left after the car is out.
- Dismantle tires form rims.
- Stage tires and rims to the proper location.
- Assist in the loading of trucks.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Wear all required Protective Personal Equipment
- Ensure that all EPA and OSHA regulations are met.
- Complies with all established company policies and
- Must be able to communicate effectible with others.
- Must have flexibility to work variable schedules, including
- Assumes other duties as assigned.Job Requirements:Education and
Experience: High School of G.E. D. preferred. Experience in an
industrial setting preferredKnowledge/Skills/Abilities: Ability to
use basic tools. Have some mechanical experience a plus.Essential
Physical Demands/Work Environment: This position requires
individuals to constantly be on their feet except when operating
machinery. Should not have any lifting restrictions and must not be
afraid of heights. They must be able to stand for long periods,
sit, walk, push, pull, bend, climb and be able to move/lift up to
50 pounds regularly. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise
level in the work environment is moderately loud.Benefits:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k with Generous Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
Keywords: Lkq Corporation, Bakersfield , Automotive Yard Worker, Other , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!