Company: Acadian SMS
Posted on: November 17, 2021
Safety Management Systems, one of the largest providers of
Health, Safety, Environmental, Medical and Training services to the
Upstream, Midstream, Refinery and Petrochemical markets, is
currently seeking Safety Specialists for
drilling/completions/construction/pipeline operations to join our
team.Job Summary: Promote, establish, communicate, and implement
safety expectations and initiatives; monitor and stimulate
execution with contractor's safety policy, rules, and procedures;
and monitor conformance with project and site safety execution
plans and implement improvements where appropriate.
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Attend and document pre-shift safety meetings
- Perform and document stop -work actions as needed
- Prepare reports for business unit and EHS regarding contractor
- Perform pad site/drill site observation and reviews and
document corrective actions
- Organize hazard hunts, document resolution of found issues
- Perform presentation and training on site specific safety
- Verify contractor compliance with written EHS program and
regulatory reporting documents
- Monitor and report of contractor safety targets
- Assist business unit and EHS in performing contractor
- Verification contractor has training in place for scope of work
(H2S, Well control, Hazcom)
- Perform a weekly "sampling" review of contractor's JSA's
- Participate in investigation and follow-up of
incidents/accidents; prepare notifications/reports for
communication of significant incidents to company
project/functional management per project incident reporting
- Communicate EHS expectations to contractors, third party
contractors and rig personnel
- Review and document all Incidents and near misses, communicate
these to the BU and EHS, assist in developing corrective actions as
neededDesired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor Degree Safety, Environmental, Industrial Engineering/
Technology or a related field is a plus.
- Industry certifications are a plus (CHSO, OHST, ASP,CSP, Safe
Land/IADC Rig Pass, First Aid/CPR, OSHA 10 hour, LOTO, Confined
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a
Drilling/Completions/Construction/Pipeline Safety role within the
upstream oil and gas industry.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in an EHS/ Regulatory role within
the upstream oil and gas industry.
- Must be knowledgeable of regulatory requirements and
experienced in EHS Management systems.
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays and callouts.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency with Microsoft
Keywords: Acadian SMS, Bakersfield , Safety Specialist, Other , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!