Bilingual Family Nurse Practitioner (Talent Pool)
Company: Wonderful Center for Health Innovation
Location: Lost Hills
Posted on: January 6, 2022
Who we are:
We strive to make The Wonderful Company true to its name through
our mission to bring positive, multi-generational change to the
communities we serve by leveraging our business acumen and hands-on
approach to philanthropy. The purpose of our work is to disrupt the
cycle of poverty in the Central Valley of California through a
relentless focus on the social determinants of health and an
unwavering commitment to helping the region's children grow up with
better opportunities than their parents had.
Our Central Valley Health & Wellness programs provide completely
free comprehensive onsite healthcare to our employees and their
families. Our educational programs reach students across 165
schools throughout the Central Valley, with world-class academic
initiatives that support them every step of the way, from cradle to
career. And our active involvement in the heart of our communities
brings infrastructure investments and youth and adult programming
that helps build a more vibrant and sustainable society.
But our philanthropic work also extends beyond the Central Valley.
Giving back and leaving the planet better than we found it will be
our legacy. To learn more about our programs and read our entire
Corporate Social Responsibility report, click here.
A day in the life at Wonderful:
Ideal candidates will have a strong passion for high quality
primary and preventive care, emphasizing continuity, developing
lasting, caring relationships with a panel of patients, maximizing
prevention and health promotion strategies, and managing complex
chronic medical conditions. The environment will be dynamic, and
providers must be comfortable with making adjustments along the
way. For the right candidate, this will provide an incredible
opportunity to be a part of a team that is evolving a new model for
world-class health and wellness that can have an immensely positive
impact on underserved and vulnerable populations.
Your contribution to Wonderful:
- A graduate of an accredited NP/FNP program with national
- Minimum 2-3 years of clinical experience, preferably primary
care and/or occupational health.
- California RN preferred
- California NP/FNP certificate and valid DEA number.
- Proficient with technology, including MS office, tablets,
smartphones, and EMR systems.
- A keen interest in driving population health outcomes
- Written and verbal fluency in Spanish strongly preferred,
Medical Spanish a must.
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless
candidate has a legally valid exemption.
Core Skills and Responsibilities:
- Provide the full spectrum of outpatient primary care for adults
- Collaborate closely with a team: one physician and four health
coaches (advocates that will help patients set wellness goals,
drive activation, and improve self-efficacy).
- Comfort working with a medically complex population.
- Coordinate and help grow a network of trusted outside medical
consultants, hospitalists, emergency room providers, support
services, and others.
- Lead or support onsite and community-based efforts that aim to
drive patient engagement, access, population-based patient
management, referral tracking, and clinical quality--performance
- Build long-term relationships with employees in the clinic, in
the facility, and in the community.
- Ability to explore and address upstream social determinants of
patient health with the care team.
- Some evening or weekend hours may be needed to support expanded
access in the future.
Wonderful's dedication to you:
- Competitive benefits packing including Medical, Vision, Dental,
- Subsidized gym membership.
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to
donate company money to a cause of your choice.
- Work life integration.
Quality of Life in the Central Valley:
Framed by the Sierra Nevada to the east and the Coast Ranges to the
west, California's Central Valley is one of the world's most
productive agricultural regions and the base of The Wonderful
Company's agricultural operations. This vast area enjoys a moderate
climate and offers residents a high quality of life, low cost of
living, and a host of diverse cultural and recreational activities.
From wine tasting and hiking to rafting, fishing, skiing, and
surfing -- all within a two-hour drive -- the family-friendly
Central Valley has much to offer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
EEO is the law
Keywords: Wonderful Center for Health Innovation, Bakersfield , Bilingual Family Nurse Practitioner (Talent Pool), Other , Lost Hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!