Company: Bill Wright Toyota
Posted on: January 10, 2022
Position: RECEPTIONIST AND CASHIER Reports To: Office Manager
FLSA Status: XNon-Exempt Position PurposeThe Receptionist is
responsible for answering all incoming telephone calls into the
dealership in a professional and timely manner and providing
information requested or directs callers to proper party. Cashier
assists all Parts and Service customers primarily taking
payments.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer incoming phone calls, directs caller to appropriate
department or individual or takes a thorough message.
- Greet all showroom guests promptly and determines the nature of
- Directs guest to the correct department, notifies the
appropriate person that a customer is waiting, and makes the proper
- Communicates with callers and visitors in a professional,
friendly, and efficient manner.
- Enters data into computer system and runs necessary reports.
- Takes payment in the form of cash, credit, and check to be
applied to parts and service invoices.
- Is responsible for closing procedures, reconciling payments to
- Assist Business Office with scanning and paperwork as
- Receives and logs in all incoming express mail packages and
distributes to the proper party.
- Safeguard customer and Dealer information per established
- Adhere to established dress code policy at all times.
- Ensure appearance of the showroom and work area is always in
- Adhere to work schedule and arrive at work before your
scheduled start time and be at your work station productively
engaged by the scheduled time.
- Exemplifies organizational culture and holds others in
department accountable for doing the same.
- Other related duties as may be assigned. Skills and Abilities
Complexity: Ability to deal with well defined and clearly stated
directions or standards. Judgment is exercised on routine matters
and guidance is readily available. Communication Skills: Ability to
read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals,
professional journals, technical procedures or governmental
regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and
procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and
respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers
and the general public. Reasoning Skills: Ability to calculate
figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions,
proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability
to apply concepts of algebra and geometry. Supervisory Skills: Has
no responsibility for the direction of others. Math Skills: Ability
to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide
with 10s and 100s. Ability to perform these operations using units
of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
Computer Skills: Includes a basic level of integrated computer and
business related software such as Word, Outlook, Excel, Paylocity,
Reynolds. Relationship Building: Ability to maintain mutual
interaction with fellow employees. Initiates conversation and has
basic social skills. Builds and maintains relationships confidences
with others. Demonstrates active listening skills and conveys
enthusiasm, energy, and direction through conversation. Customer
Relations: Requires exchanging complex information or resolving
problems; position has some accountability for ensuring customer
satisfaction. Regular contact both inside and outside the company
to carry out company policy and programs: and requires abilities of
persuasion and negotiation. I often deal with persons of
substantially higher rank in these instances. Tools and Equipment:
Includes a basic level of use of office tools such as telephone,
fax, copier, scanner and calculator. License/Certifications: None
required Decision-Making Skills: None required Decision-Making
Impact: A poor or incorrect decision may cause short delays in
getting the work done in my area and may affect other employees or
Minimum Results Required
- Immediate response answering phone and courtesy acknowledging
- Maintain a positive and welcoming relationship with both staff
and clients at all time.
- Complete cashier edit paperwork for closed parts and service
- Maintain a balanced cash drawer.Educational RequirementsThe
minimum educational requirement to successfully perform the duties
required of this position is a G. E. D. or a high school
The minimum experience requirement to successfully perform the
duties required of this position is six months to one
year.Physical/Weight RequirementsAn employee in this position
should be able to comfortably stand, walk, sit, bend, grasp, talk,
hear, see and have regular attendance to perform their assigned
work. They will also be required to be able to use hands and
fingers. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10
pounds. Where requested and otherwise appropriate, reasonable
accommodation will be provided in the absence of any of these
abilities.Work EnvironmentAn employee in this position will be
required to work in the following environments: standard office,
equipment and machinery and outdoor weather conditions. The noise
level will be moderate.
Keywords: Bill Wright Toyota, Bakersfield , Receptionist, Other , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!