Sr. Sanitation Worker- 3rd Shift
Company: Bolthouse Farms
Posted on: January 15, 2022
* Start a conversation and schedule an interview by texting
"Carrots" to 661-403-4866.
* Inicie una conversaci--n y programe una entrevista enviando un
mensaje de texto "Zanahorias" a 661-403-4866.
* This position will report to the: Supervisor
* Travel Requirement: None
* FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
* Shift: 3rd Shift
* Employment Category: Full Time - Regular
PLANTS. POWERING. PEOPLE.
For more than a century, Bolthouse Farms has been known as the
innovation leader in growing and distributing carrots and
high-quality, innovative branded products. Employing more than
2,200 people and headquartered in Bakersfield in California's
fertile San Joaquin Valley, Bolthouse Farms is one of the largest
carrot growers and distributors in the U.S. Guided by its purpose -
Plants Powering People--- - the company recently introduced its new
Bolthouse Farms Wunderoots--- line of fresh carrot innovations
including carrot dogs, and also produces and sells super-premium
juices, smoothies, caf-- beverages, protein shakes, functional
beverages and premium refrigerated dressings, all under the
Bolthouse Farms - brand name. Visit Bolthouse Farms or follow us on
Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
WHAT YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR IN THIS ROLE
Sr. Sanitation workers clean and sanitize equipment, facilities,
and grounds of production plants following production runs.
* Responsible for the removal of raw product and solid wastes in
preparation of the sanitizing cycle
* Remove solid waste and raw products from floors
* Cover and protect all sensitive equipment with canvas/plastic
* Preparatory rinsing of all food contact surfaces
* Apply cleaning chemicals to all machinery, using centralized or
portable foaming systems, rinse and remove of cleaning
* Operate forklift for chemical transportation and trash
* Operate riding scrubber to clean large areas of process
* Help with the disassembling of specified equipment for deep
* Apply heavy-duty chemicals to break down accumulated sugars
* Apply concentrated sanitizer to walls and overhead
* Monitor production employees to ensure they are using the correct
practices for cleaning and sanitizing
* Maintain sanitation logs up to date and filed correctly for
Beverage, Salad Dressing, and Ultra Premium Lines
* Ensures corrective and preventive actions and continuous
improvement processes are being utilized in manufacturing and that
action plans are verified and effective.
* Assist department supervisors with making go/no decisions
concerning chemical, cleaning and/or design impacts on production,
maintenance, quality and sanitation issues.
* Receiving Chemicals (Tankers) and Chemical Inventory Control
* Undertake and complete special projects assigned by the Sr.
Sanitation Manager as necessary
* Provide technical expertise for environmental monitoring program
development, monitoring and troubleshooting EMP.
* Communicate and escalate any safety, food safety/quality or
vendor issues and provide support as needed.
* People / skill development through training and coaching.
* Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor or manager
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
* High School Diploma or equivalent; or one to three months related
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education
* Forklift certification
Additional Required Qualifications:
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
* Must be reliable, responsible, dependable, and be able to fulfill
* Ability to work in a fast paced and high-pressure
* Work as a team and follow instructions.
* Ability to wear a respirator mask which requires clean
* Three to six months experience in a production facility
* Bilingual (English/Spanish)
* Environmental exposure- wet, cold and warm environments.
* Material exposure-moving mechanical parts.
* Occasional exposure to fumes, airborne particles, and
* Ability to lift/push-pull/carry between 25-50 lbs.
* Ability to stand and walk for an extended period of time.
* During the course of the COVID-19 pandemic, we recognize that
certain "non-essential worker" personnel may at times store
consumer-facing materials (including, but not limited to, EADs,
coupons, promotional materials, etc.) offsite from Company
locations, such as at associates' homes or in vehicles. All such
consumer-facing materials must be maintained in a smoke-free and
secure workplace environment.
Hours & Workdays:
* 2nd Shift (3:00pm-11:30pm), when business requires overtime and
weekends will be mandatory
WHAT WE OFFER
Our rich benefits packages are designed to support the health and
well-being of both our eligible co-workers and their families.
* Group Life and AD&D
* Voluntary Life and AD&D
* Group Short-Term Disability
* Group Long-Term Disability
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Employee Assistance Program
* Paid Time Off
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a
culturally diverse organization. We strive for inclusiveness and a
workplace where mutual respect is paramount. We encourage
applications from a diverse pool of candidates, and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, national origin,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or
veteran status. We will provide reasonable accommodations to
qualified individuals with disabilities, as need, to assist them in
performing essential job functions.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you are
interested in applying for employment with Bolthouse Farms and need
special assistance to apply for a posted position, or if you
believe you do not meet any of the required qualifications of a
posted position due to a protected disability and would like to
explore the possibility of an accommodation, please contact our
Talent Acquisition team at: TalentAcquisition@bolthouse.com for
additional support and guidance.
Bolthouse Farms does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Bolthouse Farms is not responsible for any fees related to
3rd Shift (10:30pm-7:00AM)
Keywords: Bolthouse Farms, Bakersfield , Sr. Sanitation Worker- 3rd Shift, Other , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!