Company: LUFKIN INDUSTRIES
Posted on: May 15, 2022
The Crane Operator is responsible for operating a mobile crane to
lift, move, position, and reposition loads.
- Operate a 45-ton and less crane in a safe and effective
- Inspect, clean, and perform operator level maintenance on
equipment in accordance with standards.
- Closely interact with crew members on job tasks and safety
- Provide leadership and mentoring to crew members.
- Perform daily safety checks to ensure equipment is in safe
- Follow related safety regulations, contract requirements,
company policies, and operating procedures.
- Complete necessary documentation, and reporting.
- Lead the JSA process with active participation from crew
- You are responsible for ensuring all proper documentation is
completed and submitted according to company protocol.
Documentation includes but it not limited to: JSAs, Journey
Management, Work Orders, Inspection Checklists, etc.
- Open communication is key to being a strong crew lead. You are
responsible for keeping yourself open to communication with your
crew members, supervisor, safety representative and customer.
- As a leader you are responsible for mediating disputes within
the crew. You will be asked to find resolution through
communication between crew members or requesting a supervisor to
get involved, if necessary.
- All assigned equipment should be maintained with a high level
of reliability. Equipment includes but is not limited to fleet
vehicles, tools, and personal protective equipment.
- While you are not held liable for other employee's assigned
equipment, you are asked to maintain policies and standards through
holding your crew member(s) accountable.
- You are responsible for supporting and training your crew
member(s) to maintain high safe, quality work standards while
producing with efficiency.
- When new policies and/or procedures are introduced, you will be
asked to convey the changes accurately. If questions arise from the
changes, you are responsible for getting the right people involved
- When a new employee is placed on your crew, it is your
responsibility to oversee the initiation of that individual to your
crew and workflow. Ensure that the new employee/SSE is
demonstrating safe work practices and is compliant with all and
customer safety standards. You will be asked to provide insight to
the employee's progress.
- As a leader on your crew, within the industry you have a hand
in developing less experienced crew members into competent
- On an annual basis you will participate in Performance Review
process. You will be asked to provide objective feedback on
employees that have worked with you during the previous year. The
feedback will need to be factual and fair. Prior to the release of
reviews, you will attend a mandatory evaluation training every two
Lufkin's proud past extends back to the early 20th century when the
Lufkin Foundry manufactured railroad and sawmill equipment. The
company expanded soon after by pioneering oilfield pumping units in
the 1920s. Today, Lufkin is a world leader in its field, providing
precision-engineered oilfield equipment, products, and services to
customers around the globe.
Lufkin Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment
decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion,
national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other
characteristics protected by law.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: LUFKIN INDUSTRIES, Bakersfield , Crane Operator, Other , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!