Bagger Operator I - 2nd Shift
Company: Bolthouse Farms
Posted on: June 24, 2022
* Start a conversation and schedule an interview by texting
"Carrots" to 661-403-4866.
* Inicie una conversaci--n y programe una entrevista enviando un
mensaje de texto "Zanahorias" a 661-403-4866.
* This position will report to the: Supervisor
* Travel Requirement: None
* FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt.
* Shift: 2nd Shift.
* Employment Category: Full-Time
PLANTS. POWERING. PEOPLE.
For more than a century, Bolthouse Farms has been known as the
innovation leader in growing and distributing carrots and
high-quality, innovative branded products. Employing more than
2,200 people and headquartered in Bakersfield in California's
fertile San Joaquin Valley, Bolthouse Farms is one of the largest
carrot growers and distributors in the U.S. Guided by its purpose -
Plants Powering People--- - the company recently introduced its new
Bolthouse Farms Wunderoots--- line of fresh carrot innovations
including carrot dogs, and also produces and sells super-premium
juices, smoothies, caf-- beverages, protein shakes, functional
beverages and premium refrigerated dressings, all under the
Bolthouse Farms - brand name. Visit Bolthouse Farms or follow us on
Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
WHAT YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR IN THIS ROLE
The Bagger Operator is responsible for the set up and operation of
automated bagging equipment in a safe and efficient manner within
the production area.
* Verify Bagger set-up with the scheduled production run, set
machine controls accordingly, and change scoops as required
* Ensure that proper packaging supplies (bag rolls / bag stacks /
bag seals) are positioned to assigned workstation
* Manually load reel of bag seals, load rolls, or stacks of bags
onto bag machine feeder as required
* Operate bagging machines, monitor the bagging process which feeds
pre-weighed carrots into slots, bags carrots, and feeds full bags
into quick lock machine
* Ensure full bags are properly closed, monitor bag quality, remove
non-conforming bags, and perform quality checks
* Measure amount of water injected into package and periodically
adjusts, change and adjust scales as required
* Conduct routine equipment inspections and preventative
maintenance tasks to identify unsafe conditions, defects or needed
* Responds to metal detector by stopping machine, pulling bag, and
finding item that triggered detector
* At direction of plant manager, change bags using proper process
to stop machine, obtain and load correct bag
* Maintain a clean, organized work environment and replenish
supplies as needed
* Performed other duties as assigned
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
* High School Diploma or equivalent; or one to three months related
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education
* Proven, reliable work history
* Communicate effectively in English both written and verbal
Additional Required Qualifications:
* Include all other qualifications that are required to be hired.
These can be subjective and do not have to be measurable. For
example, "soft skills, Ability to . . . "
* Six months to one-year experience in a food production or
* Prior working knowledge of OSHA, Good Manufacturing Practice
(GMP), FDA, USDA and EPA regulations
* Bilingual (English/Spanish)
* Prior experience with Triangle - bagging machines
* Environmental exposure- cold/wet conditions (40 - or below)
* Material exposure-moving mechanical parts
* Occasional exposure to fumes, airborne particles and
* Able to lift, slide, and carry up to 32 lbs.
* Able to stand for an extended period of time
* During the course of the COVID-19 pandemic, we recognize that
certain "non-essential worker" personnel may at times store
consumer-facing materials (including, but not limited to, EADs,
coupons, promotional materials, etc.) offsite from Company
locations, such as at associates' homes or in vehicles. All such
consumer-facing materials must be maintained in a smoke-free and
secure workplace environment.
WHAT WE OFFER
Our rich benefits packages are designed to support the health and
well-being of both our eligible co-workers and their families.
* Group Life and AD&D
* Voluntary Life and AD&D
* Group Short-Term Disability
* Group Long-Term Disability
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Employee Assistance Program
* Paid Time Off
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a
culturally diverse organization. We strive for inclusiveness and a
workplace where mutual respect is paramount. We encourage
applications from a diverse pool of candidates, and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, national origin,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or
veteran status. We will provide reasonable accommodations to
qualified individuals with disabilities, as need, to assist them in
performing essential job functions.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you are
interested in applying for employment with Bolthouse Farms and need
special assistance to apply for a posted position, or if you
believe you do not meet any of the required qualifications of a
posted position due to a protected disability and would like to
explore the possibility of an accommodation, please contact our
Talent Acquisition team at: TalentAcquisition@bolthouse.com for
additional support and guidance.
Bolthouse Farms does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Bolthouse Farms is not responsible for any fees related to
Hours: 2nd Shift (5:00PM - 2:30AM) mandatory overtime and weekends
2nd Shift (5:00PM - 2:30AM)
Keywords: Bolthouse Farms, Bakersfield , Bagger Operator I - 2nd Shift, Other , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!