Data Control Specialist
Company: Utility Partners of America, LLC
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Company BackgroundUtility Partners of America (UPA) is a utility
contractor offering a full suite of services to the utility sector
nationwide. UPA was founded in 1997 and currently employs more than
1,000 full-time service men and women serving utilities across the
country. UPA prides itself on excellence in operations, safe work
practices, quality control, customer service and schedule
management that maximizes customer satisfaction.SMART, RELIABLE,
UTILITY SOLUTIONS-Utility Partners of America (UPA), a full-service
utility contractor is seeking highly motivated and safety-
conscious individuals to join its team as a Data Control
Specialist, in the Bakersfield, CA area. This is a great
opportunity to learn a trade and join a growing company with full
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Data entry for inbound and outbound shipments.
- Work as part of a team ensuring timely delivery of proper
documentation and information.
- Create daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports as needed.
- Troubleshoot issues and discrepancies.
- Ensure consistency in record management procedures and
policies, which include logging, tracking, retention, retrieval,
destruction, and recovery.
- Perform audits as determined necessary.
- Ensure timely information flow between internal and external
manufacturers, vendors, projects, and clients.
- Must be able to read and identify specifications and purchase
- Be able to identify various material codes, parts numbers, and
commodities (particularly pipe, valve and fitting related).
- Have a working understanding and be able to recognize pipeline
- Understand how to identify, develop, and set up bill of
Education, Experience & Ability Requirements:
- Knowledge of and or experience working with pipe material
documentation very helpful.
- 2 Year College Degree or High School Diploma or GED with 3
years of document control/office data entry experience or related
field work. Pipeline/Oilfield related material experience
- Strong organization skills and ability to prioritize job duties
and handle multiple tasks under pressure.
- Ability to establish a good rapport with employees, department
personnel, managers and clients.
- Strong written correspondence, proper phone technique,
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office
(Excel, Word & PowerPoint advanced preferred).
- Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail is required.
- Ability to pass criminal background check, driving record
history and drug screen.
- Must be reliable and have good work references.
- Experienced with SAP
- Possess the ability to provide documentation verifying legal
- Ability to read and speak English (bilingual is a plus)
language proficiently to communicate with others and to understand
and interpret safety guidelines.
- Ability to understand and comply with UPA processes,
procedures, safety regulations, guidelines, and expectations.
- Must be able to work outside, lift to 30 lbs., pass background
and drug test.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance plans offered
- Vehicle and Phone provided for working hour use
- Training, Uniforms, and Tools provided
- Hiring bonus after 90 days of employment
Job Type: Full-timeSalary: $20.00-22.00 /hour
**UPA employees working for utilities are considered "Essential
Workers" and typically do not experience downtime due to
Keywords: Utility Partners of America, LLC, Bakersfield , Data Control Specialist, Other , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!