Client Support Services Coach
Company: ChildNet Youth & Family Services, Inc.
Posted on: August 3, 2022
ChildNet Youth and Family Services is currently recruiting for a
Client Support Services Coach for our Kern Foster Family Network
located in Bakersfield, CA.
Foster Family Network provides various support services to FFN
foster children, resource parents and their natural families. The
Client Support Services Coach will be assigned high-risk youth,
working primarily with foster children and working within the
community to coordinate services needed to meet the needs of
clients and their families. This includes providing specialized
mental health and behavioral intervention services to children who
have suffered multiple complex traumas, multiple psychiatric
hospitalizations, and multiple failed placements in the foster care
system. The Client Support Services Coach will be responsible for
coordinating, assisting, and supporting the Therapeutic Foster Care
(TFC) and Intensive Services Foster Care (ISFC) programs. This
position will provide various support services, skill building, and
interventions. This position will also conduct mental health and
supplemental assessments for at-risk children and their families
and will collaborate with the client's foster/resource parents,
biological parents, therapist, county social worker or Probation
officer, teachers, and other professional and paraprofessional team
members to maintain an interdisciplinary team approach for
The Client Support Services Coach shall possess:
* Bachelor's degree in a social service or related field; AND
* At least two (2) years of experience working with high-risk
* Experience in residential care, foster care, or working with
behaviorally challenged youth is preferred.
* Knowledge of community resources specific to foster youth.
* Bilingual proficiency in speaking, reading, writing, and
knowledge of Spanish is required .
The Client Support Services Coach responsibilities include, but are
not limited to, the following:
* Provide one-on-one therapeutic behavior and trauma-informed
skills-building interventions, coaching, and support in the home
and in the community.
* Coordinate and provide services to children and adolescents under
the supervision of the Regional Director, or his/her designee. This
will frequently involve one-to-one interaction with a specific
client for extended periods.
* Work with foster youth exhibiting crisis behaviors and provide
crisis intervention services as needed.
* Report behaviors to TFC Clinician or ISFC Social Worker including
updates after each client contact.
* Provide verbal reports regarding client's participation and
progress in the program; enter written documentation of the same in
the electronic record.
* Support resource parent to reduce stress in the home, including
in-home behavior management training to resource parent and/or
caregivers, as needed.
* Reinforce positive behavior using positive reinforcement
techniques to increase desired behaviors and decrease undesired
* Assist the child/youth in developing/increasing successful
self-regulation skills and in reducing challenging behaviors that
* Implement plans and interventions that support the resource
parent in implementing TFC trauma-informed treatment interventions
(e.g., plan development, rehabilitation, and collateral) or the
ISFC treatment plan model to meet treatment goals.
* Participate in weekly formal and informal Child and Family Team
Meetings (CFTM's) as needed.
* Monitor visits with child's natural family as needed.
* Facilitate outings in the community to rehearse social
* Plan and transport youth to school events, after-school programs,
and community centers.
* Support efforts to recruit TFC and ISFC resource families; attend
recruitment events as needed.
* Attend mandatory in-service and facility/department meetings as
* Participate in ongoing training required for TFC and/or ISFC.
* Perform any other duties as assigned.
All offers of employment with ChildNet Youth and Family Services,
Inc. are contingent upon a post-offer, pre-hire medical clearance
with an occupational physical, tuberculosis screening, and a
negative drug test, including a screening for marijuana (note:
while the use of marijuana is recreationally permitted in
California, provisions of our contracts are bound by Title 21, US
Code Section 812 under Federal law, which prohibits the use of
marijuana). A background clearance which consists of fingerprinting
through the Dept. of Justice/FBI/Child Abuse Index Search is
required. Underwriting requirements of this agency include keeping
a valid California driver's license, valid auto liability insurance
on file, and maintaining a good driving record while employed.
WHO WE ARE
ChildNet Youth & Family Services, a nonprofit corporation
headquartered in Long Beach, CA. We provide Counseling, Education,
Foster Care and In-Home Services to at-risk children. ChildNet has
been at the forefront of providing innovative and quality care to
thousands of children and their families for over 50 years.
To provide safe homes, education and counseling to vulnerable
children and families.
Are a diverse group of professionals who create a culture of caring
with our clients and within the organization.
WHAT WE OFFER
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and 403b Retirement including
eligibility of a discretionary employer contribution after 2 years
of service, Stability, Career Advancement, Tuition Reimbursement,
along with generous sick, vacation and holiday time.
WE MAKE A DIFFERENCE! COME AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH US!
Keywords: ChildNet Youth & Family Services, Inc., Bakersfield , Client Support Services Coach, Other , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!