PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
Company: Grimmway Enterprises
Posted on: August 7, 2022
PURPOSE:The Specialist will develop a rigorous seed/variety
evaluation and promotion program that will be used to shape the
vegetable product portfolio of Grimmway Farms.ESSENTIAL JOB
- Responsible for developing a rigorous, data-driven seed/variety
evaluation and promotion program for vegetable seed products to be
used in conventional and organic farming operations across all
- Evaluations will include effective and efficient trialing
methods that generate data to support recommendations for product
advancement or cancellation.
- Aid in the monitoring of transplant growth and greenhouse
- Advising on seed product use and placement will require the
Specialist to understand production, harvest, and post-harvest
challenges associated with various crops, and they must develop a
firm understanding of customer needs and current market
- Will work cooperatively with vendors to establish on-farm
breeder trials and other seed/variety evaluations, and will visit
external third-party trials to identify emerging products that
should be considered for inclusion in our existing crop
- Must become an internal expert on the use of seed treatments
and coatings and must stay current on emerging seed technologies
and advances in the industry.
- The Specialist will also act as a link between the Seeds Group
and other departments, including Production, Sales, Marketing, and
Harvesting, and provide technical assistance and guidance as
- Assisting with product performance complaints and problem
solving is also expected.
- The Seed Operations Manager may also assign other duties, some
of which may fall outside of the bounds of this job
description.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:Must be able to work in adverse
and uncomfortable weather conditions, including high temperatures
and dusty, dirty conditions. Must be able to remain in a stationary
position throughout most of the working day. Ability to frequently
move about inside the office. Ability to operate a computer and
other office productivity equipment. Ability to work on uneven
terrain both on foot and while aboard moving equipment. Ability to
get on and off various stationary and moving equipment. Must be
able to move items weighing up to 50 lbs.JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors degree in Agronomy, Crop Science, Horticulture, or
- Minimum of 3 years of post-college experience working in the
vegetable industry preferred.
- Previous experience with field trial work and/or experience
working in the seed industry is a plus.
- Computer skills must include a strong working knowledge of
Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint with ability to
learn other internal company software.
- Must possess strong analytical, communication, and presentation
skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of
employees and management.
- Must be a person of integrity and be able to handle
confidential or privileged information responsibly.
- Periodic overnight travel is estimated to be 25%.
- Must have a valid drivers license with clean DMV driving
- Must pass pre-placement drug/alcohol screen, physical and
functional capacity evaluation.ADMINISTRATIVE EMPLOYEES:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, and
- 401k plan with a discretionary match, subject to a vesting
- Paid Sick, Vacation, Holiday Time and Personal Hours
- Employee Vehicle Purchase/Lease Programs
- Subsidized gym membership with InShape health clubs
- Free on-site personal training and other wellness-focused
activities at company gym
- Tuition discount partnership program with University of La
- Discounted tickets to major theme parks throughout
- Work life balanceRequisition ID: 2022-14423 Post End Date:
12/31/2022 Shift: DAY
Keywords: Grimmway Enterprises, Bakersfield , PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST, Other , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!