Field Safety Specialist, Wonderful Orchards
Company: Wonderful Orchards
Posted on: November 25, 2022
With approximately 100,000 planted acres in California's San
Joaquin Valley, Wonderful Orchards is the world's largest grower of
almonds, pistachios and pomegranates. Wonderful Orchards is a part
of The Wonderful Company, a privately held $5 billion global
company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the
world through its iconic consumer brands which include Wonderful
Pistachios, Wonderful Halos, POM Wonderful, FIJI Water, Teleflora,
and JUSTIN Wine.
Wonderful Orchards is seeking an Field Safety Specialist to support
field operations in Kern County - Shafter/ Wasco. As a Safety
Specialist, you will be responsible for taking on a hands-on
approach by doing in-field visits to our farming locations and
communicating with various levels of management to enhance the
company's safety culture. Work requires a high degree of
organizational skills and a desire and willingness to learn the
organization's business operations. This position reports to the
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the
- Observes work activities, reports safety observations and
provides suggestions for process improvement
- Conducts safety and environmental compliance assessments
- Conduct English and Spanish pre-harvest safety training, CPR
training, safety related training and help develop training (SME's)
Subject Matter Experts
- Conducts job safety analysis walks, field and shop inspections,
harvest, spray and irrigation activity assessments for system
- Communicates safety related matters to company utilizing
emails, technology devices while facilitating safety tailgate
meetings and bulletin boards.
- Coaches managers and employees on proper safety procedures and
safety gaps and opportunities.
- Assists Operations in the transport of injured employees to
- Investigates incidents to identify causes or to determine how
such incidents might be prevented in the future.
- Recommends measures to help protect workers from potentially
hazardous work methods, processes, or materials.
- Inspect or evaluate workplace environments, equipment, or
practices to ensure compliance with safety standards and government
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications include, but are not limited to the following:
Associates degree in Occupational Health, Business Administration,
Human Resources or related field and 5+ years' experience in-field
safety leadership preferred; or equivalent combination education
- Knowledge of OSHA/ CALOSHA regulations
- Proficient in Microsoft office products
- Must exhibit a safety mindset and safety culture
- Bilingual English/ Spanish -- verbal and written
SPECIFIC KNOWELDGE, SKILLS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS:
- Ability to prioritize tasks and multitask
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Highly organized, punctual and responsible
- Active problem-solver and results-oriented
- Ability to work well in a team setting
- Must possess a valid CA driver's license and have a
satisfactory driving record
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless
candidate has a legally valid exemption
This job operates predominately in an outdoor environment. This
role will be exposed to shop, warehouse, lab and field conditions
under typical yearly Central Valley California climatic conditions
- temperature, dust / gas / fumes, noise, sunlight. Orchard
conditions are extreme, with summer temperatures regularly
exceeding 100 F -.
- Be on the forefront of a growing business!
- Competitive benefits packing including Medical, Vision, Dental,
401k and bonus opportunity
- Continued training and generous Education Reimbursement
- Paid Sick, Vacation, Personal Hours and holiday time
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to
donate company money to a cause of your choice
Why choose Wonderful?
The Wonderful Company is a successful, entrepreneurial, privately
held company with healthy, iconic, authentic brands, and ethical,
creative, innovative business practices. We are passionate about
sustainability, social responsibility, philanthropy, and wellness
-- for our employees, their communities, and consumers around the
- We are harvesting a better world - We use the power of business
to make the world a better place.
- We nourish, naturally - We believe that what you put into your
body matters. The most nutritious -- and best-tasting -- foods are
those from nature.
- We play to win - Our employees set ambitious goals and meet
challenges with unified purpose and unmatched energy.
- We act differently - With courage and fearlessness, we are
relentless in our quest to inspire healthier. food and beverage
choices. As a privately held organization, we have the freedom and
the power to make quick and effective decisions.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and core
values, visit www.wonderful.com or follow us on Facebook, Twitter
Please click here to view our Privacy Notice.
Wonderful Orchards and The Wonderful Company is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected
veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law
Keywords: Wonderful Orchards, Bakersfield , Field Safety Specialist, Wonderful Orchards, Other , Shafter, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!