House Supervisor (Nights)
Company: Surgery Partners
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job Title: House SupervisorResponsible for the coordination and
management of patient care. The role includes primarily dealing
with patient care issues, staffing matters, supervision of the
nurses, other staff and handling administrative responsibilities.
This position is mainly one of supervision, leading and directing a
team of nurses and other staff in the duties of patient care and
related work. The House Supervisor decides where new patients will
be admitted or assigned after surgery and procedures, and is the
primary point of contact for outside organizations or entities that
have question or concerns regarding the hospital. The House
Supervisor is responsible for all activities of nursing
administration in the absence of the Directors and/or CNE and has
the first line authority in the absence of hospital administration.
- Education: Graduation from accredited program of nursing.
- Licensure/Certification: Registered Nurse with current state
licensure along with current BLS, ACLS, and PALS training. MICN
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years continuous clinical experience
in a critical/acute care setting with at least 2 years of recent
management experience preferred.Essential Functions:
- Demonstrates a leadership role through clinical practice,
effective supervision and teaching.
- Demonstrates knowledge of processes performed on clinical units
and functions as clinician to assure patient care needs are
- Understands and effectively implements the staffing system.
Assists in keeping nursing man-hours within agreed upon limits in
the nursing budget while providing quality nursing care.
- Coordinates the admission, discharge and transfer of patients
in collaboration with other Directors.
- Performs clinical quality improvement activities such as
- Physician satisfaction, and staff satisfaction surveying as
necessary. Identifies and implements corrective actions as
necessary. Monitors the annual quality indicators for compliance to
- Possesses the knowledge of growth and development of
appropriate patient populations.
- Maintains the responsibility for professional growth and
- Keeps Chief Nursing Executive and Directors informed of any
unusual concerns, situations, events or conditions relative to
staff, patients, families or physicians.
- Expedites any issues or concerns to appropriate clinical leader
utilizing their chain of command.
- Recommends changes in nursing department organization, plans,
programs, operating standards, policies/procedures based on
assessed needs of the department, hospital and community
- Assists in the overall operation of the hospital through active
participation in projects aimed at achieving the hospital's
mission, and incorporates the values of the hospital in day-to-day
- Assists in the selection of equipment, supplies and goods for
the running of the hospital and the caring of the patient with the
goals of quality and cost efficiency.
- Communicates with staff and physicians on administrative issues
and follows-up on issues until closure.
- Responsible for adequate numbers of staff on a daily
- Evaluates staff competencies and intervenes to maintain
- Participates in selecting outside sources for needed
- Conducts performance reviews of staff and assists in the
development of staff in collaboration with the Education
- Assists staffs in problem-solving work issues, and adapting to
the focused patient care environment.
- Delegates appropriately to non-licensed staff in keeping with
job descriptions, licenses requirements and standards of
- Participates in peer review.
- Maintains and develops own professional competencies.
- Maintains and promotes a team spirit through active cooperation
- Assists in interdepartmental service coordination.
- Assists in directing and guiding staff in the coordination of
- Assists in all aspects of care in the environment, such as
dietary, housekeeping, infection control, and supply and equipment
- Attends 80% of in-services and departmental meetings.
- Help provide staff to other areas of the hospital when
needed.*Sign On Bonus - RN's with two or more years experience are
qualified. Additional details provided upon offer. (terms and
conditions apply)At Bakersfield Heart Hospital, our patients are
family. Healthcare is constantly evolving, our growing organization
is devoted to ensuring that each person in our care feels safe. Our
world-class team of driven, passionate healthcare professionals are
always focused on service excellence and providing top quality care
at the bedside. If you share our values, we want to hear from
you!Competitive Pay. Full Suite of Benefits.Bakersfield Heart
Hospital is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our team
members and patients. Therefore, we require that all team members
receive all required vaccinations, including, but not limited to,
measles, mumps, flu (based on the seasonal availability of the flu
vaccine typically during October - March each year), etc. as a
condition of employment, and annually thereafter. Medical and
religious exemptions may apply.
Keywords: Surgery Partners, Bakersfield , House Supervisor (Nights), Other , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!