Company: PCL Construction
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The future you want is within reach.
At PCL, we build the places where life happens and find camaraderie
in the process. We're a community of builders committed to building
better communities. That's why we're always looking ahead, and not
just to the next project or what's next in our industry.
We're also looking at what's next for you and how we can help you
build a career you're proud of.
Here's how a(n) Mechanical Engineer for our Bakersfield office
contributes to our team:
- Maintains contract with select trade partners and responsible
for some subcontract administration, including defining work scope,
answering inquiries and supervising progress.
- Participates in change management and change order process,
including pricing, processing, and assessing cost and schedule
impact before reviewing.
- Maintains and performs project document control and procedures
(coordinating RFIs, shop drawing and submittal process maintaining
as-built drawings, etc.) (BLDG and CIVIL).
- Collaborates with the project team lead in supervising design
with timely response to the submittal schedule.
- Participates in the reviews of trade partners' submittals form
compliance with scope, design documentation prior to forwarding to
design for review.
- Coordinates with project manager and superintendent in managing
and reporting overall project or select scope performance as per
site HSE, cost management, schedule, and quality.
- Prepares and supervises progress claims and estimates.
- Coordinates inventory and tracking of materials and equipment
and expedites material orders.
- Assists with site inspections from the design team to resolve
constructability and site coordination issues and reviews and sign
offs on functionality, AHJ (Authority Having Jurisdiction)
requirements, and code compliance. Ensures that resolution is
achieved and accepted by all partners.
- Involved in and participates with overall project closeout,
including document archival, maintenance and warranty manuals,
deficiencies, and warranty work.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering preferred or a
related subject area: construction management, engineering,
architecture preferred, or equivalent experience.
- 2 plus years of construction experience in an operational role
- Verified understanding about construction equipment and
techniques, drawings and specifications, project health, safety,
and environment (HSE), quality, building materials, and required
standards as per field.
- Ability to apply basic engineering/problem solving principles
to construction challenges.
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal
- Demonstrates flexibility and ability to work in a fast-paced
- Planning, organizational, and time management skills with the
ability to multi-task, prioritize own work and delegate simple
- Ability to build a comprehensive schedule.
PCL is an innovative, employee-owned company comprised of people
who find passion in their profession and take pride in doing great
work every day. Our work powers the infrastructure and utilities
that are essential to daily life and our projects are the scene of
vacations, careers, education and healing. We are consistently
ranked among the best companies to work for because we are
committed to supporting and developing our teams.
PCL combines numerous pay and benefit strategies to provide a
comprehensive and competitive total rewards package. The total
rewards package includes an employee share purchase offering,
discretionary annual performance bonus, comprehensive benefits &
wellness programs, retirement plan plus matching and career
The PCL Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal
opportunity employer. We are committed to creating equitable
opportunities and an inclusive environment for all employees and
applicants. We make employment-related decisions without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
Should you require an accommodation during the application process,
please contact us at ...@pcl.com with the position and location you
are interested in.
Together, we can build success and a better future. Let's get
Employee Status: Regular Full-Time
Company: PCL Industrial Services, Inc.
Primary Location: Bakersfield, California
Job: Mechanical Engineer
Requisition: 2145 Associated topics: autocad, chassis, machine,
mechanical, mechanical engineer, motor, msme, solidworks,
Keywords: PCL Construction, Bakersfield , Mechanical Engineer, Other , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!