Company: PCL Construction
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The future you want is within reach.
At PCL, we build the places where life happens and find camaraderie
in the process. We're a community of builders committed to building
better communities. That's why we're always looking ahead, and not
just to the next project or what's next in our industry.
We're also looking at what's next for you and how we can help you
build a career you're proud of. When you join PCL, you become an
important part of the team that is behind some of the most
prominent structures and infrastructures that shape our
Here's how a Scheduler for the PCL Industrial Services, Inc.
district contributes to our team:
- Develops and maintains strong customer focused relationships
with all stakeholders.
- Understands project document controls and procedures.
- Prepares quantity take-offs and incorporates the production
analysis into the schedule.
- Communicates with site staff and subcontractors to determine
the actual construction progress and provide regular schedule
updates based on provided information.
- Completes site walks to verify short term lookaheads. Follows
up with project team to validate the schedule.
- Contributes in the planning and scheduling process through
various construction phases (preconstruction, construction, system
- Supports the interactive planning and scheduling sessions.
- Assists project management to create and monitor short term
schedules and determine the impact on the master schedule.
- Updates the schedule logic.
- Provides progress reporting to project team to ensure
subcontractors/crew performance in accordance with milestone dates
of PCL Baseline Schedule.
- Creates 2D visual and 4D graphic schedules. 4D schedules are
created for larger jobs.
- Implements subcontractor schedules into the master project
schedule and track progress.
- Incorporates resource and or load costing data into schedules
as required and align the schedule to other project management
- Continuously expands and updates professional knowledge of all
scheduling software to ensure maximum efficiency and
- An Engineering Technology diploma or Engineering bachelor's
degree preferred but not mandatory.
- Minimum 3 years of industry experience
- Basic knowledge of construction specifications, building
materials, methods and procedures, and the ability to read and
understand construction drawings, specifications, contracts, and
- Basic Understanding of field construction operations and how a
project is constructed, including logical sequencing of work
through all phases of the project from pursuit to project
- Ability to apply basic engineering and planning principles to
- Ability to complete quantity take-offs and understand
- General understanding of planning and scheduling principles,
best practices, and techniques
- Effective listening, verbal, and written communication
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment with
multiple stakeholders including estimators, field supervision,
subcontractors, project team and clients.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while prioritizing
work under strict timelines and being flexible to changing
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Office Suite and other
- Basic working knowledge of scheduling software such as
Primavera P6 EPPM
- Advanced knowledge of the Critical Path Scheduling method
related to the construction industry.
PCL is an innovative, employee-owned company comprised of people
who find passion in their profession and take pride in doing great
work every day. Our work powers the infrastructure and utilities
that are essential to daily life and our projects are the scene of
vacations, careers, education and healing. We are consistently
ranked among the best companies to work for because we are
committed to supporting and developing our teams.
PCL combines numerous pay and benefit strategies to provide a
comprehensive and competitive total rewards package. The total
rewards package includes an employee share purchase offering,
discretionary annual performance bonus, comprehensive benefits &
wellness programs, retirement plan plus matching and career
The PCL Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal
opportunity employer. We are committed to creating equitable
opportunities and an inclusive environment for all employees and
applicants. We make employment-related decisions without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
Should you require an accommodation during the application process,
please contact us at ...@pcl.com with the position and location you
are interested in.
Together, we can build success and a better future. Let's get
Employee Status: Regular Full-Time
Company: PCL Industrial Services, Inc.
Primary Location: Bakersfield, California
Requisition: 1653 Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo,
manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project
manager, relationship manager, task
Keywords: PCL Construction, Bakersfield , Scheduler, Other , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!