Heavy Industrial Construction Superintendent
Company: PCL Construction
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The future you want is within reach.
At PCL, we build the places where life happens and find camaraderie
in the process. We're a community of builders committed to building
better communities. That's why we're always looking ahead, and not
just to the next project or what's next in our industry.
We're also looking at what's next for you and how we can help you
build a career you're proud of. PCL is a dynamic organization that
embraces innovation and continually looks ahead to what's next for
our industry and for our employees.
Here's how a(n) Heavy Industrial Construction Superintendent for
our Bakersfield office contributes to our team:
- Works with project manager to ensure implementation of PCL's
safety program, including integrating PCL's safety program into all
site plans and procedures and adhering to all safety and record
- Supervises, directs, coaches, trains, and mentors the project
team including direct and indirect reports.
- Effectively communicates with own forces and trades and ensures
that performance, productivity, quality, and safety requirements
- Consistently collaborates with construction/project manager and
project team. Proactively manages potential problems, work
interferences and schedule conflicts/setbacks.
- Liaises between field engineers, estimators, and subcontractors
to ensure construction complies with drawings and
- Liaises with client, other site contractors, union and labor
relations, and site and office representatives.
- Visualizes an entire project, plans, and creates the complete
project schedule, identifies the critical path, and anticipates
- Develops and implements Project Execution Plan (PEP) and
resource-loaded three-week lookahead schedules.
- Creates, maintains, and executes the project plan and schedule,
and ensures compliance with budget and quality.
- Reviews and understands the contract and subcontracts and
develops a plan that identifies and mitigates risks and maximizes
opportunities to ensure that all financial targets, including
budgets, forecasts, and profitability levels are met.
- Maintains project administration correspondence and complies
with documentation requirements.
- Develops and maintains strong customer focused relationships
with all stakeholders.
- Journeyman certificate or undergraduate/engineering degree in a
related discipline preferred.
- 8 years of progressive field supervision experience
- Successfully supervised a construction workforce.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience in construction industry
and company operations, including building materials, construction
specifications, and methods and procedures.
- Understanding of project scope and ability to apply
intermediate-complex engineering principles and embed solutions in
construction plans and schedules.
- Proficient understanding of and ability to apply logic to the
schedule to build a plan using scheduling software.
- Ability to coordinate multiple scopes of a construction
project, including scheduling, monitoring, and coordinating own
forces work (OFW) and trade contractors with three-week lookahead
- Thorough understanding of productivity rates or own forces work
(OFW), Labor Cost Reports (LCRs), and ability to interpret cost
- Thorough understanding of contract language and with the
ability to identify and mitigate risks and identify and leverage
- In-depth knowledge of and application of safety and
environmental principles/ procedures/legislation.
- Ability to lead and run effective site meetings with the
client, consultants, trades, own forces work, and internal
employees; ability to present at client meetings or for project
- Demonstrated conflict-resolution skills, problem-solving
abilities, and professional judgment.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective stakeholder
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and internal operational
PCL is an innovative, employee-owned company comprised of people
who find passion in their profession and take pride in doing great
work every day. Our work powers the infrastructure and utilities
that are essential to daily life and our projects are the scene of
vacations, careers, education and healing. We are consistently
ranked among the best companies to work for because we are
committed to supporting and developing our teams.
PCL combines numerous pay and benefit strategies to provide a
comprehensive and competitive total rewards package. The total
rewards package includes an employee share purchase offering,
discretionary annual performance bonus, comprehensive benefits &
wellness programs, retirement plan plus matching and career
The PCL Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal
opportunity employer. We are committed to creating equitable
opportunities and an inclusive environment for all employees and
applicants. We make employment-related decisions without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
Should you require an accommodation during the application process,
please contact us at ...@pcl.com with the position and location you
are interested in.
Together, we can build success and a better future. Let's get
Employee Status: Regular Full-Time
Company: PCL Industrial Services, Inc.
Primary Location: Bakersfield, California
Job: Heavy Industrial Construction Superintendent
Requisition: 2185 Associated topics: construction, construction
manager, director, manager, project manager, public, scheduler,
site, site supervisor, superintendent
Keywords: PCL Construction, Bakersfield , Heavy Industrial Construction Superintendent, Other , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!