Company: Surgery Partners
Posted on: January 20, 2023
DescriptionJOB TITLE: Scheduler
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for scheduling 30-50 cases
per day and will liaise with a number of referring doctors'
offices. He/She will be an integral part of our Front Desk Team and
will be valued as a key member of our organization.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Office Manager
- Counseling patients and scheduling surgeries for multiple
- Schedule surgeries and work with primary care physicians on a
daily basis to ensure each patient has their history and physicals
completed prior to surgery.
- Complete all necessary paperwork for each procedure on the
- Precertify any procedures on the schedule that require
- Must be capable of multi-tasking and working with a diverse
- Provide back up support for the Front Office as
- Other duties as needed.
- High School Diploma
- 2 years of previous experience scheduling appointments and/or
- Experience with insurance
- Knowledge of clinic policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of managed care contracts and utilization.
- Knowledge of computer systems, programs and spreadsheet
- Knowledge of medical terminology and be familiar with
- Skill in gathering and reporting claim information.
- Skill in solving utilization problems.
- Skill in written and verbal communication and customer
- Experience in a medical office as a scheduler.
- Fast and accurate data entry.
- Service oriented, patient demeanor.
- Ability to multi-task, manage time effectively, and deliver
- Strict attention to detail.
- Intermediate computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft
- Ability to work effectively with medical staff and external
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to deal courteously and professionally with internal
and external customers.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting and standing associated
with a normal office environment.
ENVIRONMENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal busy office environment
with much telephone work. Occasional evening or weekend work.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for
meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills,
abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
Keywords: Surgery Partners, Bakersfield , Scheduler, Other , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!