Crane Operator (Military Veterans Wanted!)
Company: C&J Energy
Posted on: November 11, 2018
CDL Required:-- Yes
Required Travel:-- Up to 10%
Number of Openings:-- 4
FLSA Status:-- Non-Exempt
Type of Position:---- Hourly
Position Status:-- Full Time
Additional Available Locations:------ Position Summary Operates traveling or stationary overhead crane (cab or ground controlled) to lift, move, and position loads, such as machinery, equipment, products, and solid or bulk materials, using hoisting attachments, such as hook, sling, or bucket. Key Accountabilities
- Available for duty seven (7) days a week, able to work more then an eight (8) hour shift.-- Due to our customers' demands this position will require flexibility in work schedules in order to meet the customers' needs based upon demand.-- Overnight stays and travel will be required.
- Observes load hookup and determines safety of load. Manipulates or depresses crane controls, such as pedals, levers, and buttons, to regulate speed and direction of crane and hoist movement according to written, verbal, or signal instructions. Cleans and maintains crane and hoisting mechanism. Inspects crane for defective parts and notifies supervisor of defects or malfunctions. May attach load to hook or other crane accessory prior to operating crane and be designated to drive to designated locations as required.
- Installs and removes crane booms, extensions and hook blocks. Positions crane outriggers assemblies and maneuvers in response to hand signals. Installs rigs and removes crane attachments. Performs clamshell, dragline, and hook block operations. Determines safe lifting capacities.
- The Crane Operator will drive to and from the area office to the customer's location and back to the areas office.--
- Maintains accurate work tickets based on the Company's requirements and the work performed for the customer as well as maintaining accurate driving log books, pre-trip/ post-trip information and maintenance files on the crane.-- This position is responsible for alerting appropriate supervision when mechanical defects are noted as well as alerting supervision when hours worked may exceed DOT maximums.
- Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be required by immediate supervisor.
- Performs the primary thinking called for and encompassed by the overall Position Definition.
- Adheres to Company policies and work requirements. Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Pass the company's drug screen.
- Pass the company's "Physical Functions Assessment".
- Motor vehicle record qualifies individual to be an approved company driver.
- Acceptable criminal history.
- Ability to read, write and speak English to the extent that they are able to understand verbal and written instructions as well as give verbal and written instructions in English; and the ability to use simple mathematical calculations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) to make job related calculations.
- Heavy Work- Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work.
- This position requires standing, walking, and sitting while working either indoors or outdoors.
- While performing the job, will be required to lift/carry, pull/push, reach, squat, kneel, and or climb ladders or stairs.
- Conditions should be handled as prescribed in the Company's Accident Prevention Handbook and/or the Company's Standard Operating Procedures.
- Must have a valid CDL A or B driver's license with the proper endorsements required for the type vehicle operated, issued by state of residence.
- Must have the applicable knowledge of DOT rules and regulations as required for the position and all job related Company, Local, State and Federal requirements.
- An understanding of basic maintenance concepts required to perform light to heavy repairs as necessary.-- The position requires the use of hand tools and other equipment associated with the vehicle.
- Must have a background in crane and rigging. Operator must be able to show proof of past history of operating hydraulic cranes up to 160 tons.
- Requires good hand-eye-foot coordination, an ability to judge distance carries equal importance. Most training programs require students to have a high-school diploma, earned with some coursework in science, mechanics and electronics.
- We require professional certification through the National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators (NCCCO), even if the state in which they operate does not. 18 states require crane operators to hold certification or licenses through NCCCO. NCCCO offers mobile crane operator certification with a specialty in lattice boom crawler cranes. Required Experience and Education -- EEO is The Law - click here for more information--Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: C&J Energy, Bakersfield , Crane Operator (Military Veterans Wanted!), Other , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!