Swamper (Military Veterans Wanted!)
Company: C&J Energy
Posted on: December 8, 2018
Required Travel:----Up to 10%--
Number of Openings:----6--
Type of Position:------Hourly--
Position Status:----Full Time--
Additional Available Locations:------ -- -- Position Summary The position of Swamper routinely performs the duties of loading and unloading --materials/equipment onto or from trucks, loading equipment into vehicles and installing strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit, securing lifting attachments to equipment, signaling crane or hoisting operators to move load to destination, facilitating movement of equipment or materials, assist in spotting frac tanks, connection of hoses and fittings on various tanks and assisting in field maintenance of trucks. Key Accountabilities
- Assist truck driver in rigging up/down poles and slinging loads.
- Help reduce time to load and unload goods (making trucking operations more efficient).
- Assist in strapping down loads.
- Assists in field maintenance of trucks
- Assist in maneuvering trucks safely (flagging and backing operations).
- Assist in moving and setting of frac tanks.
- Assist in connection of hoses and fittings on various tanks and equipment.
- Assist with setup and connection of various iron on location such as:-- Chiksan lines & swivels, high and low pressure piping via hammer unions, gate and butterfly valves.
- Working knowledge of company safety policies and procedures including Confined Space Entry.
- Knowledge of and ability to adhere to Company policies and work requirements.
- Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be required by immediate supervisor.
- --Performs the primary thinking called for and encompassed by the overall Position Definition.
- Adheres to Company policies and work requirements. -- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Pass the company's drug screen.
- Pass the company's "Physical Functions Assessment".
- Motor vehicle record qualifies individual to be an approved company driver ; CDL or CDL class A preferred.
- Acceptable criminal history.
- Ability to read, write and speak English to the extent that they are able to understand verbal and written instructions as well as give verbal and written instructions in English; and the ability to use simple mathematical calculations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) to make job related calculations.
- Heavy Work- Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work.
- This position requires standing, walking, and sitting while working either indoors or outdoors.
- While performing the job, will be required to lift/carry, pull/push, reach, squat, kneel, and or climb ladders or stairs.
- Working conditions for this position may involve exposure to varying environmental conditions. This may include chemicals, gases, cold/heat, noise, dampness, dust, fumes, radiation and heights.-- Exposure to the above conditions should be handled as prescribed in the Company's Accident Prevention Handbook and/or the Company's Standard Operating Procedures. Required Experience and Education -- EEO is The Law - click here for more information--Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: C&J Energy, Bakersfield , Swamper (Military Veterans Wanted!), Other , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!