Loan Officer Assistant
Company: New American Funding
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Position: Loan Officer Assistant
The Loan Officer Assistant (LOA) works directly with and supports
the loan origination staff (loan officers, sales managers etc.). By
working collaboratively with the loan origination staff and
processing team, a successful LOA has current product knowledge of
loan programs and will be able to communicate loan requirements
with customers, processors and loan officers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicates with the customer (borrower), real estate agents
and escrows at the start of the transaction
- Collects customer documentation necessary to complete the loan
transaction, such as income documentation, asset statements and
initial disclosures documents.
- Assists loan originators with preapprovals and loan
- Assists loan originators with loan pricing options/support and
managing lock expiration dates.
- Updates all parties with status of loan transaction as
- Ordering of standard loan requirements and verifications such
as, title, escrow, appraisal, verification of employments,
verification of assets etc.
Desired Job Competencies:
- Demonstrate proficient product knowledge of FHA, VA,
Conventional and other loan programs such as Home Equity Lines of
Credit, 2nd Mortgages,
- Ability to analyze tax returns and accurately calculate income
for all types of borrowers.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, customer
service, and communication with customer, processor and LO
- Proficient with Encompass
- Understanding of compliance regulations and investor
- Has knowledge of commonly used terminology, concepts and
practices and procedures within the mortgage industry.
- Ability to meet time deadlines while working under
- Ability to effectively handle simultaneous tasks and projects
in a fast paced environment.
- Able to effectively and efficiently work independently or as a
member of a team.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that may include some
evening and weekend hours.
- Two or more years' recent mortgage operations, underwriting
and/or processing experience.
- Current hands on loan officer assistant, processing or
- Knowledge of and experience working with FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA
and other refinance and purchase loan programs and mortgage
Other Duties: This job may require frequent sitting or standing for
long periods of time. This job profile is not intended to be an
all-inclusive list of job duties and responsibilities, as one may
perform additional related duties as assigned in order to meet the
needs of the organization.
Work Authorization: Must be able to verify identity and employment
eligibility to work in the U.S.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to
lift up to ten pounds. Primary functions require sufficient
physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to
stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop,
bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or
pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office
equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination
including use of a keyboard; and to verbally communicate to
exchange information. VISION: See in the normal visual range with
or without correction. HEARING: Hear in the normal audio range with
or without correction.
[EOE/M/F/D/V. Drug-free workplace.]
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: New American Funding, Bakersfield , Loan Officer Assistant, Other , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!