Supervisor, Warehouse (Days)
Company: Core-Mark International, Inc.
Posted on: December 4, 2019
Job DetailsDescriptionCore-Mark (Nasdaq CORE)
www.core-mark.comCore-Mark is a Fortune 300 company that continues
to grow for over 130 years as an industry leader in fresh and
broad-line solutions to the convenience retail industry. Our
reputation of empowering customers, employees, and communities has
allowed us to build over $16 Billion in revenue. Through our 32
distribution centers, we offer a full range of products, programs,
and solutions to customers across the U.S. and Canada.At Core-Mark,
you will discover a culture that enables you to grow, challenges
you to achieve, and embraces you as family. Show us your power and
come explore your opportunities with Core-Mark.THE POWER OF ONE.
STRENGTHENED BY ALL. Position Summary:As the Warehouse Supervisor,
you are responsible for overseeing the safety, productivity and
efficiency of warehouse operations. You will be supervising
employees and monitoring operational flow to create a culture of
safety and family while providing to the customer experience. A
successful candidate will have effectively demonstrated an ability
to supervise, lead, and communicate effectively to multiple
warehouse employees. This individual should possess strong
attention to detail, dedication to safety, and a drive to provide
quality in their work.Position Responsibilities:
- Communicating with warehouse associates daily under the
direction of the Warehouse Manager.
- Attending effectively and consistently to employees; ensuring
processes are followed.
- Supervising efficient operations of warehouse and
- Assisting in the hiring process and interviewing of potential
- Training, supervising, and evaluating the performance of
- Collaborating with team leads regarding personnel movement and
- Maintaining attendance, productivity information, and employee
- Monitoring supplies and directing replenishment efforts as
- Ensuring that all equipment is in proper working condition and
- Planning and organizing the work and resource flow to complete
shifts safely and effectively.
- Collaborating with other supervisors to improve production,
quality, and communication.
- Ensuring that all merchandise and shipping containers are
restocked for order selection staff.
- Supervising efficient operations of the warehouse, providing
daily detailed reports to warehouse management and making
adjustments during the shift to ensure efficiency in
- Leading safe work practices in adherence with Core-Mark's
safety policies and requirements.Skills & Experiences:
- 2 or 4 year degree in Business or related field, or equivalent
- 2 to 4 years of experience supervising multiple employees.
- Intermediate knowledge of warehouse management systems, email
systems, and Microsoft Office (word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to perform administrative work including: data entry
and paperwork processing.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to disperse information to the company and across the
- Ability to analyze data, review the operations information, and
make suggested changes to improve operational performances.
- Ability to learn and use electronic warehouse management
software.Physical Demands &Working Conditions:
- Physical ability to regularly lift, carry, and position: up to
10 lbs. regularly, up to 25 lbs. frequently, and up to 60 lbs.
- Physical ability to handle objects, tools, and/or
- Physical ability to stand for a significant period of time and
walk continuously on occasion through the warehouse.
- Physical ability to occasionally bend, kneel, or reach may be
required on occasion.
- The warehouse environment with have exposure to a variety of
noise and potential extremes in temperature.Core-Mark Benefits:At
Core-Mark, we know your power comes from your overall well-being
and the well-being of your family. That's why we offer a
comprehensive benefits package that supports the health of you and
your family. As a part of our family, your benefit offerings
- Highly Competitive Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Core-Benefits: Life,Disability,& Employee Assistance Program
paid by Core-Mark
- Work/Life Balance: Sick Leave, Vacation Time, Holidays, &
- Financial Wellness:401(k) Plan with a 50% match on the first 6%
contributed, Group Voluntary Benefits, Pet Insurance, Commuter
Benefit, Employee Discounts, & Scholarship Opportunities for
children of employeesAt Core-Mark we are a family. We are committed
to creating an environment that embraces and enables all to reach
their full potential. It is through empowering every employee to
bring their full self and full power to work that makes Core-Mark
collectively stronger.THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.
Keywords: Core-Mark International, Inc., Bakersfield , Supervisor, Warehouse (Days), Professions , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!