Field Avionics Technician - Non-Deployable
Company: GENERAL ATOMICS
Posted on: November 18, 2021
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Field Avionics Technician to
support Test Operations in Adelanto, CA.
DUTIES AND RESONSIBILITIES:
- Constructs individual components of electronic equipment
following detailed schematics, layout diagrams, and work
- Corrects minor discrepancies by removal, repair, or replacement
of defective or deleted parts of aircraft electrical systems.
- Performs limited functional checks on existing and newly
installed aircraft electrical systems and equipment; disassembles,
assembles, and adjusts electronic equipment.
- Operates automatic test equipment to locate, diagnose, and
repair defective parts and performs routine inspections on systems
- Troubleshoots, tests, and documents findings; repairs or
replaces components based on test results by following blueprints,
schematics, handbooks, and other technical documents.
- Fabricates, upgrades, routes, and installs wiring
- Other duties as assigned or required. We recognize and
appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse
backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals
- Typically requires education or formal training equivalent to
the completion of a two-year technical degree or trade school
equivalency as well as two or more years experience in aviation or
electronics. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted
in lieu of education.
- Must be able to perform a variety of routine tasks and
demonstrate full knowledge of avionics and electronic procedures
- Must possess: (1) the ability to troubleshoot at the component
level; (2) full knowledge and use of electronic test equipment,
hand and soldering tools, voltage or amperage measuring and
recording devices; (3) the ability to read and interpret
blueprints, drawings, schematics and technical orders; (4) the
ability to obtain a security clearance; and (5) good analytical,
interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to
accurately document, report and assess situations and make
- The ability to work both independently and in a team
environment is essential as is the ability to work any shift and
extended hours as required.
- Must have a Secret Clearance,
Keywords: GENERAL ATOMICS, Bakersfield , Field Avionics Technician - Non-Deployable, Professions , Boron, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!