Company: National Express Corporation
Posted on: November 22, 2021
National Express LLC (NELLC) is the North American subsidiary of
National Express Group, PLC, one of the premier transportation
firms in the United Kingdom. We operate across 34 states and three
provinces. All organizations share a strong commitment to provide
the highest level of transportation safety, quality transportation,
outstanding customer service and positive employee relations.
National Express School (NEXS) operates more than 22,500 school
buses, serves more than 550 school districts in 31 states and three
provinces, and transports more than 1.3 million students on a daily
basis. National Express Transit (NEXT) operations transport more
than 22 million passengers annually with more than 2,800 vehicles.
National Express Shuttle (WeDriveU) serves more than nine million
corporate and university passengers annually. NELLC's corporate
headquarters, located in Lisle, Illinois, houses the administrative
and corporate support functions for the organization. Our 290 local
customer service centers (CSCs) are supported by regional
operations teams located throughout North America. Learn more at
* Directs and monitors daily assignments; schedules drivers and
assigns vehicles to ensure daily coverage of all routes.
* Ensures direct and indirect daily activities of drivers are
assigned and accomplished on-time.
* Communicates all relevant details of driving assignments to
drivers to ensure proper execution.
* Assist drivers with routing directions and directs them to
perform special services when required.
* Recommends appropriate disciplinary action, up to and including
suspensions and/or discharge, for staff violations of company
* Responds to emergency calls, facilitates emergency response
network, coordinates mechanical service repair, and assigns
replacement buses and drivers when there is a problem on a
* Notifies stakeholders and location personnel of all changes in
route assignments, emergency situations, accidents, breakdowns or
any other event that will disrupt service.
* Maintains route documentation and records (relevant contract
requirements, customer information, route changes, relevant maps,
vehicle details, bus assignments, driver details) for the purpose
of providing accurate and reliable information to customers and
complies with district and state requirements.
* Coordinates vehicle service and mechanical repairs with
Maintenance Supervisor to assure uninterrupted service
* Maintains high compliance to dispatch standard operating
* Handles customer concerns and requests for information in an
expeditious and professional manner.
* Escalates unresolved issues to management as appropriate.
* High school diploma or GED
* Previous dispatch experience is preferred;
* Knowledge of surrounding geographic area to ensure effective and
* Ability to organize and prioritize time to balance conflicting
demands related to customer care and dispatching.
* Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers
in fast-paced and/or stressful environment (interpersonal &
* Ability to read and interpret documents and instructions from
customers and other team members
* Ability to perform work activities requiring cooperation and
* Ability to function in a fast-paced environment, under
* Ability to work within the appropriate level of independence
* Ability to problem solve
* Ability to operate two-way and emergency radio systems
* Ability to use office machines (fax, scanner, copier, zip drive,
* Ability to use Microsoft Office Program and computerized routing
* Ability to work independently
* Ability to read road and street maps
* Ability to keep organized and accurate records relating to
overall dispatch and routing responsibilities
* Bi-lingual abilities a plus
At National Express our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is
representative of the communities we serve. All employment
decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and
individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical
conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability,
marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, genetic information (including characteristics and
testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic
protected by applicable law.
KeyWords: Dispatch, Dispatcher, Bus Dispatcher, Truck Dispatcher,
Delivery Dispatcher, Transportation Dispatcher, Public Safety
Dispatcher, Emergency Dispatcher, Radio Dispatcher, Station
Dispatcher, Router, Route Writer, Route Planner, Trip Planner,
Transportation Route Planner, School Bus Transportation, Student
Transportation, Passenger Transportation, Public Transportation,
Transit, CMF 88, 88M, 88N, 88Z
Keywords: National Express Corporation, Bakersfield , Dispatcher, Professions , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!