Senior Logistics Manager
Company: Ryder System
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Current Employees:If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a
Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please
click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to
log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process.
To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet,
please review this quick reference guide
clicking HERE. (https://ryder.com/job-applicant-privacy-policy)You
are the driving force behind our company.Start your career with
Ryder today!SummaryThe Senior Manager Logistics provides leadership
for the Distribution Center and supervisors, who are directly
responsible for turn key warehousing and transportation solutions.
The incumbent will have and maintain high level interface directly
with the customer on a regular basisEssential Functions
- Interface directly with the customer to ensure issues are
resolved in a timely manner while maintaining a high level of
- Strategic operational planning and execution for the
- Identify and/or solve operational issues with the account(s) by
implementing continuous improvement and LEAN initiatives, to
strengthen team unity, goals, productivity and results.
- Hire, supervise, develop and manage performance for employees
and maintain a positive employee relations environment at assigned
- Maintain open and effective communications within the work
group(s) and with other work groups within the organization. Review
data, identify and implement necessary actions as required.
- May manage the profit and loss statements based on the
complexity and scope of the organization.
- Lead a proactive safety program within the work group(s)
consistent with company policy in order to provide a safe and
secure work environment. Instruct and enforce location safety
management plans, training and processes. Monitor the maintenance
of equipment for assigned work group(s) by using checklists and
observations as required.Additional Responsibilities
- Performs other duties as assigned.Skills and Abilities
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with
demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships
within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups,
- Ability to work independently and as member of a team.
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices.
- Strong organization, analytical, and computer skills.
- Ability to create and develop an inclusive and engaged work
- Ability to effectively manage Profit & Loss statements may be
necessary depending on the complexity and scope of the operation
- Bachelor's degree required in Business, Logistics, Supply
Chain, or a minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience.
- Master's degree preferred in Business, Logistics, or Supply
- Five (5) years or more in Supply Chain, Logistics, warehouse or
industry related field required.
- Three (3) years or more Supervisory experience required.
- Two (2) years or more Profit & Loss experience preferred.
- Two (2) years or more Application experience of Lean
principles, systems and tools required.Travel: 0-10%DOT Regulated:
NoJob Category: LogisticsRyder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things,
or status as a qualified individual with disability.Job Seekers can
Keywords: Ryder System, Bakersfield , Senior Logistics Manager, Professions , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!