ELECTRICAL, INSTRUMENTATION & CONTROLS (EIC)-DESIGNER 2
Company: Grimmway Enterprises
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Prepare Electrical Design Packages and Specifications for material
and equipment required as part of Electrical and/or Instrumentation
and Controls Systems. Work in conjunction with principal electrical
designers, engineers and project managers to help develop all
aspects of a project.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Conceptualize plans, details, elevations, and sections, to
accurately convey construction or fabrication requirements.
- Review and analyze equipment specifications and incorporate
into design drawings for proper construction or fabrication.
- Work in conjunction with principal electrical designers,
engineers and project managers to help develop all aspects of a
- Read and create Single Line and Three Line Diagrams, including
sizing of electrical equipment, conduit and cable.
- Read and create Motor Control Schematic diagrams.
- Create: Conduit / Cable Schedule Drawings, Electrical Detail
Drawings, Electrical Equipment Location and Stub-up Plan Drawings,
PLC Panel Layout Drawings, PLC I/O Schematic Drawings, Control
System Architecture Drawings, As Built Drawings, Lighting Plans,
- Prepare designs and specifications for material and equipment
required as part of electrical and or instrumentation and controls
- Material Procurement and Tracking using inhouse software i.e.
- Interface with engineers and design leads from other
disciplines, clients and other disciplines at project meetings and
contractors during construction.
- Interface with consulting companies as needed to create
Electrical Permit Packages.
- Estimate job man-hours, schedule accurately and develop
installation budgets using in-house estimating software.
- Track progress of job from schedule and cost standpoint using
inhouse software i.e. Spec Write.
Must be able to remain in a stationary position throughout much of
the working day. Ability to occasionally move about inside food
processing facilities (sometimes in narrow passages, in wet areas,
climb ladders on to elevated platforms.) Ability to work in
different temperatures (as hot as 100 - to 110 -F and as cold as 32
- to -20 - F) Must be able to work in high noise area. Must be able
to move items up to 50 lbs.Additional Info:JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Ideal candidate must have a minimum of five (5) years of electrical
or other qualifying design experience.
- Must have a good understanding and know how to research and
apply the following Codes and Standards; NFPA 70E, NEC, API,
California General Order 95 and ISA standards.
- Must demonstrate willingness to learn In-house software
programs relating to Project Budgeting, Scheduling, Material
Procurement and Tracking.
- Must be able to use and apply Microsoft Office and Auto Cad
2010 or higher along with knowledge of computer operations and
software relevant to drafting tasks.
- Must be trainable in all aspects of safety as it pertains to
being exposed around electrical equipment.
- Must demonstrate a willingness to learn new techniques and be
able to maintain a friendly and productive attitude.
- May be required to work overtime or weekends depending on
- Must be able to occasionally travel when necessary to other
- Remote work not available for this position.
- Must have a valid driver's license with clean DMV driving
- Must pass pre-placement drug/alcohol screen, physical and
functional capacity evaluation.Benefits:ADMINISTRATIVE
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, and
- 401k plan with a discretionary match, subject to a vesting
- Paid Sick, Vacation, Holiday Time and Personal Hours
- Employee Vehicle Purchase/Lease Programs
- Subsidized gym membership with InShape health clubs
- Free on-site personal training and other wellness-focused
activities at company gym
- Tuition discount partnership program with University of La
- Discounted tickets to major theme parks throughout
- Work life balance
Keywords: Grimmway Enterprises, Bakersfield , ELECTRICAL, INSTRUMENTATION & CONTROLS (EIC)-DESIGNER 2, Professions , Arvin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!