Driver Heavy - CA_Bakersfield
Company: Clean Harbors
Posted on: June 23, 2022
HydroChemPSC (Bakersfield, CA) is looking for a Driver to join
their safety conscious team! The position is responsible for the
safe and proper execution of HydroChemPSC jobs across all service
lines. This includes responsibility over proper operation of
equipment, driving operational efficiencies at the work site and
ensuring accurate documentation related to the job is completed in
a timely fashion. Position may require travel away from home up to
25% or 1 weeks at a time.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by
complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and
acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Inspect loads for safe transportation.
- Maintain valid CDL Class A driver's license, logs of working
hours or of vehicle service or repair status, following applicable
state and federal regulations.
- Tanker Endorsement Required, Hazmat Endorsement Preferred.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following
signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading
equipment are properly positioned.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or
damage to the vehicles immediately.
- Obtain receipts or signatures for delivered goods and services
- Driver ensures that brake adjustment inspections are completed
prior to use.
- Drive trucks with capacities greater than 3 tons, including
tractor-trailer combinations, to transport and deliver products and
- Check all load-related documentation for completeness and
- Read bills of lading to determine assignment details.
- Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources,
verifying instructions and routes.
- Drive trucks to weigh stations before and after loading and
along routes in compliance with state regulations.
- Couple or uncouple trailers by changing trailer jack positions,
connecting or disconnecting air or electrical lines, or
manipulating fifth-wheel locks.
- Check conditions of trailers after contents have been unloaded
to ensure that there has been no damage.
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks, such as adding oil,
fuel, or radiator fluid or performing minor repairs.
- Read and interpret maps to determine vehicle routes.
- Operate equipment, such as truck cab computers, phones, or
global positioning systems (GPS) equipment to exchange necessary
information with bases, supervisors, or other drivers.
- Load or unload hazardous and non-hardardouns waste materials
from trucks or help others with loading or unloading, using special
loading-related equipment or other equipment as necessary.
- Labels, marks and manifests shipments in accordance with
applicable regulations and company policies, practices and
- Remove debris from loaded trailers.
- Inventory and inspect fluids to be moved to determine
quantities and conditions.
Driver is properly trained for all use of PPE required to perform
work in a safely manner.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Willing to travel away from home up to 25% or 1 week at a time.
- Minimum of one year, verifiable vacuum truck service within the
commercial trucking industry.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for moving fluids in the
vacuum truck services in the oilfield industry.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer
and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment,
meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language
including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition,
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses
- Strong knowledge in the operation of equipment used in
- CDL Class A with X (Haz-mat and Tanker) endorsement and an
acceptable driving record.
- Smartphone required for Electronic Logging Device.
- Complete understanding of DOT's safety program &
- Possess excellent communications and human relations
Mechanical aptitude and experience troubleshooting transportation
equipment is preferred.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean
Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission
is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment,
recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials . Clean Harbors is
the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial
services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto
Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is
on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial
services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and
proven methodology - come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our
company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit
us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/ .
For additional information about driver career opportunities,
please call us at (855) 791-1117.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion,
age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis
of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
Keywords: Clean Harbors, Bakersfield , Driver Heavy - CA_Bakersfield, Professions , Arvin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!