Principal Consultant, Transaction Advisory Services (Mid-Senior Level)
Posted on: August 3, 2022
ERM is seeking a motivated Principal Environmental Health &
Safety (EHS) Professional to join our M&A Transaction Advisory
team in possible locations across the Western United States cities
(ERM office locations: Anchorage, Bellingham, Seattle, Portland,
Salt Lake City, Denver, Albuquerque, Scottsdale, Irvine,
Carpenteria, San Francisco, Walnut Creek, Sacramento) with the
ability to work remotely from home office. In this role, you will
manage and perform due diligence transaction projects for
multi-national oil and gas, chemical, tech, manufacturing,
ecommerce, and financial sector clients, while working with ERM's
subject matter expert teams on related follow-on project tasks.
This is an excellent career opportunity to join our globally
recognized and growing M&A Transaction Services team, voted
'Environmental Advisor of the Year' by Acquisitions Monthly for 4
* Manage and perform complex due diligence projects involving
multi-site portfolios and multi-person project teams locally,
nationally, and globally.
* Provide consulting advice to legal, corporate, and venture
* Advising clients on liabilities, risks and opportunities
associated with transactions.
* Perform or manage assessments of complex data center site
selections and asset acquisitions.
* Manage due diligence assessments consistent with ASTM Phase I
standards and other global protocols, and including broad-based
compliance and permitting.
* Prepare concise reports that assess potential environmental
liability risks, and compliance and operational status at
* Perform environmental compliance assessments at industrial and
commercial facilities, and implement follow-up corrective actions
to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local
* Advise clients on Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG)
risks and opportunities related to transactions.
* Manage regional and global projects within scope/budget/schedule
expectations and ensure quality standards on project
* Capitalize on existing client relationships to expand ERM's
profile and market share in the regional Transaction Services
market (through a combination of excellence in technical delivery
and business development support).
* Work with ERM Partners-in-Charge and other Project Managers to
effectively manage projects.
* Communicate with clients, ERM employees, and vendors.
* Hire, manage, and develop junior level professionals.
* Bachelors degree in engineering, environmental science, business
administration, or related discipline. Or equivalency of 8+ years
* 10+ years of experience preferred in environmental consulting and
knowledge of environmental due diligence projects.
* Solid knowledge of ASTM Phase I standards, understanding of core
business and legal concepts of business transactions, and continued
interest in working on transactions.
* Highly technical with knowledge of operational risk and asset
integrity programs preferred.
* Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills;
experience writing comprehensive technical reports.
* Ability to develop and maintain long-lasting relationships with
clients, identify and capitalize on sales opportunities, and mentor
junior staff a plus.
* Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel as needed to
support client projects, and work independently with minimal
Who We Are:
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we
partner with the world's leading organizations, creating innovative
solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial
opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving
opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive
work environment is an essential part of making our company a great
place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength
that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse
team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of
their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned
by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental,
health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our
"boots to boardroom" approach for its comprehensive service model
that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that
advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not
forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other
company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do
not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a
protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or
other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Keywords: ERM, Bakersfield , Principal Consultant, Transaction Advisory Services (Mid-Senior Level), Professions , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!