Construction Project Manager
Company: PAR Western Line Contractors, LLC
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Company OverviewPAR Western Line Contractors, LLC (PAR West), a
subsidiary of Quanta West LLC, is a leading outside electrical
contractor specializing in the management, engineering,
procurement, and construction of high-voltage transmission lines,
distribution lines, and substations, as well as energy storage,
electric vehicle charging infrastructure, emergency restoration,
and similar services. We provide our customers with a skilled
workforce, supported by rigorous safety standards, unmatched
scalability, and innovative thinking -- to perform any job, of any
size, on time, on budget, and with impeccable safety results. The
company is well-positioned to respond to the evolution of the
electric energy industry and the opportunities it presents.Position
SummaryConstruction Managers are assigned complex, major capital,
long-term projects. The CM is responsible for managing field
operations, representing the delegated authority of the Project
Manager. The CM possesses broad knowledge of construction methods,
industry standards, safety requirements, engineered drawings and
specifications. The CM understands the customer agreement,
procedures, policies, standards, and practices. The CM is the
owner's representative onsite and single point of contact for the
construction contractor.Preferred Experience
- Candidates should possess seven years of experience managing
large, long duration, complex projects.
- Strong verbal, written and teams communication skills
- Strong technical background in multiple disciplines (civil,
electrical, mechanical, infrastructure, Telecom)
- Experience reading and understanding drawings and
- Experience in contract management, building construction,
infrastructure, maintenance, repairs
- Exceptional project management skills, project controls, safety
& environmental Roles and Responsibilities
- Project execution: Facilitate submittal, RFIs, progress
payments, problem identification & resolution, documentation,
timelines, risks, milestones, deliverables, and acceptance
- Problem resolution: Recommend and implement solutions working
with the project team under the direction of PM
- Key resource: Act as site resource to project team, department
and division management, customers, and client organizations.
Analyze and resolve complex issues ensuring team and project needs
are met in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Facilitate: Lead key decision-making discussions with little PM
direction ensuring project activities and deliverables move
forward, exercising judgment and discretion to advise and recommend
courses of action, provide input for decisions regarding
establishing and changing project direction on behalf of the
- Independent analysis: Manage and track stakeholder timely
completion of deliverables, action items, and objectives.
- Partner with Project Manager: Ensure the project meets
schedule, budget, and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Communicate: Accurately communicate meeting decisions and key
project deliverables (RFI's, Submittals, RFPs, C.O., contracts,
reports, presentations, regulatory documents, other).
- Document: Gather, track, and manage documents to analyze and
draw conclusions on complex data and information after considering
alternatives through independent research and analysis.
- Track and provide oversight: Document progress (percent
complete), change management (change order review), action and
decision logs, risk logs, and governance materials in accordance
with MPO policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with PM to ensure contractor meets the schedule,
budget, and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Develop meeting minutes for project team and key
deliverables/presentations for Project Manager and Org Unit
management review and approval.
- Coordinate and participate as needed in support of job walks,
bid walks and other necessary site visits.
- Provide consistent communication and follow up with Project
Manager and project team to drive project deliverables, completion
of action items and to resolve concerns.
- Meetings: Facilitate meetings, review actions, track progress
and document process
- Project Tools: Independently manage the transmittal and
retrieval of project documents in/from applicable document
management repository (i.e., SharePoint)CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: If
you are currently applying or have applied for a position with PAR
Western Line Contractors, you are hereby provided notice of
collection of personal information. Please see this notice at:
Western line contractors, LLC provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard
to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability
status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws.This policy applies to
all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Keywords: PAR Western Line Contractors, LLC, Bakersfield , Construction Project Manager, Professions , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!