Posted on: January 25, 2023
About the job Forklift Operator
Are you ready to hit the forks again? Are you looking for a new
place to put your forklift experience to use? If so, come apply
with us today. ReadyWork is partnered up with several facilities in
Kern County who are looking for forklift operators. All forms of
forklift experience is acceptable. An OSHA forklift certification
is a huge plus and will give you more opportunities to choose
To safely and efficiently operate a forklift and/or pallet jack in
the production area. Handle all product and/or materials in bulk
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
- Move product within the facility as directed.
- Move pallets of finished products, bins, and packaging supplies
- Move equipment as directed.
- Must weigh and record weights as directed.
- Maintain even and constant flow of product.
- Keep records as required.
- Operate equipment in a safe, efficient manner.
- Make sure the forklift/pallet jack is in good running condition
and report anything that is wrong to the forklift mechanic.
- May be asked to rotate to a different area of the plant (same
position and shift) based on business need.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Must be able to remain in a stationary position throughout much of
the working day. Ability to operate a forklift/pallet jack. Ability
to operate hand and power tools. Ability to move in food processing
facilities (sometimes through narrow passages, in wet areas, or on
elevated platforms). Ability to continuously work with product and
equipment at ground level. Ability to inspect equipment and
product. Must be able to work in different temperatures (working
temperatures as hot as 100 - to 110 - F and as cold as -20 - F to
32 - F). Must be able to work in a high noise area. Must be able to
move items weighing up to 60 lbs.
- Must be willing to train in forklift/pallet jack operations to
obtain forklift/pallet jack certification.
- Must be willing to train and learn how to use the bin dump
attachment on forklift.
- Must be able to fill out Forklift Reports.
- Must be able to do Material inventory ( Bags, Pallets, Bins and
- Must be able to operate forklift/pallet jacket safely at all
times inside/outside facility.
- May be required to work overtime or Saturdays depending on
- Bi-lingual, English/Spanish, with the ability to speak, read,
and write in both is a plus.
- Maybe subject to pass pre-placement drug/alcohol screen,
physical and functional capacity evaluation
Keywords: ReadyWork, Bakersfield , Forklift Operator, Professions , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!