O & M Technician I
Company: DTE Energy
Posted on: January 25, 2023
DTE is one of the nation's largest diversified energy companies.
Our electric and gas companies have fueled our customer's homes and
Michigan's progress for more than a century.And as Michigan's
largest source of renewable energy, we're creating a cleaner,
healthier environment to power our future. We're also serving
communities beyond Michigan, where our affiliated businesses offer
renewable energy, emission control technologies, and energy
services to industries in 19 states. But we're more than a leading
energy company... and working at DTE is more than just a job.At
DTE, we take great care of each other and our customers, and we use
our energy to be a force for growth and prosperity in our
communities. When you join us, you'll be part of a team that
welcomes, recognizes, and celebrates differences, and values
everyone's health, safety, and wellbeing. Are you ready to make
that kind of difference? Bring your energy to DTE.Together, we can
achieve great things.O&M Technician ILocation: Bakersfield,
CaliforniaGENERAL SUMMARYThis position is responsible during
assigned shift for receiving, monitoring, testing and recordkeeping
for all fuel supplied to Mt. Poso Cogeneration Company, LLC.
Additionally, the position is responsible for maintaining a clean
and orderly scale house and the grounds associated with fuel
receiving. This position reports directly to the Fuel Yard
Coordinator.The pay rate for this position is $21.00 - $24.00 per
hour.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESOperates and monitors
various fuel weighing and receiving and quality control equipment
and systems in accordance with established procedures and policies
in a safe and efficient manner.
- Receives, reviews, samples, analyzes, logs and distributes
regular fuel deliveries. Verifies and monitors the supply of
operationally appropriate fuel for the generating/operating
- Maintains a clean and orderly scale house and the grounds and
equipment within the assigned areas of responsibility.
- Prepares and maintains various files, logs and records as
- Provides assistance to plant administration and personnel as
- Works with the administrative staff and fuel procurement to
process receipts and outgoing shipments through the weigh ticket
process, utilizing the authorized deliveries fuel matrix and other
provided documentation and information.
- Enters weigh tickets into the fuel data base in the event of a
failure of the automated input from the scales.
- Monitors and oversees the fuel and ash sampling process.
- Prepares process and records the fuel sampled for moisture
- Collects QC fuel samples for fuel analysis for the QC
- Participates in required safety/regulatory training and adheres
to all established safety/regulatory training and adheres to all
established safety/regulatory requirements and practices.
- Participates in various company provided proficiency training
- Trains other employees in order to keep the scale house
operating during absence.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- This position is defined by, but not limited to, this list of
duties and responsibilities.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIESA high
school diploma or GED is required. Ability to read, write and
communicate effectively in English and perform mathematical
calculations. Technical training and demonstrated ability to
perform successfully in similar work environments preferred to
provide for the following:
- Must possess and maintain a valid state driver's license.
- Possess any required company, state and or federal licenses and
- Basic knowledge of safety and environmental policies and
procedures. Must have the ability to become competent in the areas
of high-energy systems, chemical handling, heavy equipment,
rotating machinery, confined spaces, incipient fire suppression,
and first aid through training.
- Be qualified to operate mobile heavy equipment.
- Must possess the knowledge and ability to use computers and
related technology efficiently.
- Ability to work occasional overtime, including holidays and
- Functional knowledge of subordinate and/or peer duties and
responsibilities.Other QualificationsPhysical Demands
- The physical demands characterized here epitomize those that
must be met by an employee to properly perform the integral
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- In order to properly perform the integral functions of this
job, the employee is frequently required to: stand, walk, stoop,
kneel or sit. It is crucial to the outcome of job tasks that the
employee is able to: talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle or
feel; and reach with hands and arms extensively.
- Must be able to enter and work in confined space areas,
including boilers, condensers, tanks, etc. to evaluate equipment
condition or inspect work efforts by assigned resources.
- The employee in this classification will be required to
frequently lift objects of up to 25 pounds in weight. Occasionally
the employee will have to lift or move objects of up to 40 pounds
in weight. In addition, the employee will occasionally push or pull
up to 70 pounds in weight.
- Vision requirements for this position include close vision,
color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee works
both in a business office setting and out in plant. In the course
of working at the plant site, the employee is occasionally exposed
to outside weather conditions, including wet and/or humid
conditions, extreme heat, and may work near moving mechanical parts
and/or machinery. The employee is occasionally exposed fumes or
airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work
environment is usually quiet to moderate in the office, but may
become loud at the plant site.At DTE Energy, we are committed to
providing an inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcome and a
sense of belonging. We seek individuals with a heart for service, a
passion to help our communities prosper, and ideas to help shape
the future of energy. We are proud to be an equal opportunity
employer that considers all qualified applicants without regard to
race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age,
religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight,
genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran
status or any other status protected by law.PRIVACYNOTICE
TOCALIFORNIAJOB APPLICANTSREGARDING THECOLLECTIONOF
PERSONALINFORMATIONDTE Energyand its operating groups, subsidiaries
and affiliates("the Company"),are committed to protecting the
privacy and security of personal informationofall individuals
including job applicants.The Companycollects personal information
ofjob applicants inconnection with itsrecruitment and
hiringactivities.The Company doesnot sell or otherwise disclosethis
personalinformation for monetary consideration or a business
purpose to any third parties.The Companyiscommitted to complying
with theCalifornia Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)effectiveJanuary 1,
2020; and all dataprivacy andlawsin the jurisdictionsin which
itrecruits and hiresemployees.Job applicantswith disabilities may
access this notice in an alternative format by contacting:
firstname.lastname@example.orgWhat Categories ofJob
ApplicantInformation Do We Collect and How Do We Use This
Information?We collect the following categories of personal
information for the purposes described below:
- Nameand contactinformation;
- Last four digits of Social SecurityNumber;
- Voluntary self-disclosure information regarding minority,
veteran, and disabilitystatus;
- Work history, including job title, dates of employment,duties,
- Reference and background information, includingrelationship to
Company employees or contractors, prior employment by the
Company;and background check information;
- Post-offer information and results, includingSocial Security
Number and date of birth;
- Education history,includingschools attended, degrees and
- Resume and other information provided byyou during the hiring
The Company collects this information to hire the best qualified
applicantsand to comply with applicable employment laws.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy
personal information, please contact:Careers@dteenergy.com
Keywords: DTE Energy, Bakersfield , O & M Technician I, Professions , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!