Company: Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions
Posted on: January 26, 2023
With 10,000 employees across over 60 countries, our Water
Technologies & Solutions Division delivers a wide variety of
products and services to meet the needs of our customers around the
globe. We have an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking
to take a step up in their career and manage one of our smaller
Plants in the Bakersfield, CA area. The ideal candidate would
understand how to lead and optimize manufacturing operations at a
plant producing chemicals at 15M lbs/year and servicing the Western
US region. If you like the idea of doing meaningful work with a
company that's doing big things to create a cleaner, more
sustainable world for us all, here's more!
As the Bakersfield Plant Manager you will demonstrate
accountability for functional, business, and broad company
objectives. In this role you will integrate and develop processes
that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex
issues within functional areas of expertise, be involved in
long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business
As the Bakersfield Plant Manager, you will:
- Ensure all Environmental Health and Safety regulations are
- Review production demand to make decisions concerning inventory
requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, and duty
- Develop and manage budgets to approve expenditures for
supplies, materials, and human resources, ensuring that materials,
and labor are used efficiently to meet production targets.
- Direct the following departments: EHS, Quality, Engineering,
Maintenance and Operations.
- Communicate with corporate: E&HS, HR, Finance, Product
Management, Sales, Engineering. Etc.
- Incorporate Lean practices to drive engagement and
- Ensure Customer Quality expectation are met and On Time
Delivery performance is exceeded.
- Develop 5-year plan for people and capital executing annual to
achieve the sites strategy
- Execute capital budget and site expansion projects.
- This list is not all-inclusive and may include other duties as
assigned and necessary for the operation and management of the
- Bachelors Degree in Chemical Engineering from an accredited
university or college. Other engineering degrees with chemical
manufacturing experience may be considered.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in manufacturing, with proven
plant / production leadership or supervisor experience
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of SAP, Root Cause/ Corrective Action Analysis and
- Ability and willingness to be part of the Department of
Homeland Security's Personnel Surety Program
At Veolia, we realize diverse teams make smarter decisions, deliver
better results, and build stronger communities. We're an
organization that champions diversity and inclusion at every rung
of the ladder and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Because our people are our greatest assets, we also offer
competitive benefits that include:
- Health & Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation & Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- AD&D Insurance
- Disability Insurance
Keywords: Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions, Bakersfield , Plant Manager, Professions , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!