Lead WAP Technician
Company: Adex Corporation
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Lead WAP Technician
Supervise Team responsible for upgrade of client WAPs (Wireless
Access Points) including: wire pulling, pathway construction,
telecommunication room build-out, cable terminations, labeling and
device mounting, data network equipment and Wireless Access Point
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years' experience leading
teams of 2-7 technicians in commercial structured cabling, fiber,
must have experience with installing j-hooks, ladder racks and
Major Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversee installation of WAP's, cameras, lift
- Install cable pathway systems (cable trays, cable racks,
J-hooks or D-rings).
- Install, terminate, test, label and document horizontal,
backbone and other cables.
- Dress and route cable into telecommunications closets, modular
furniture and other work areas.
- Build out telecommunication and equipment rooms.
- Fire-stop various types of cable penetrations.
- Test, troubleshoot, and document test results for
- Must have ability to install, terminate and test low voltage
cables & fiber optic cables (to include twisted pair cable, coax,
power limited tray cable, standard & solid conductor low voltage
cable, single mode & multi-mode fiber optic cables).
- Perform other duties as needs arise.
- Document all information on all cable and equipment
- Provide daily reports of work performed to Project Management
Requirements of the Lead WAP Technicians
- At least 3 years' experience in WAP installation and commercial
structured cabling: label, pull and dress category 6 (CAT6)
- They must have experience with installing j-hooks, ladder racks
and cable tray.
- Must have experience working in MDF / IDF
- 25 pair termination of 110 and 66 blocks is preferred.
- An ability to read blueprints and work independently when
needed is required along with experience using a 4 pair tester and
- Fiber termination, splicing, and patch panel experience is a
- Basic understanding of the BICSI Industry Standards
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Ability to lead a team of technicians to ensure work is done
correctly, on time, and professionally
- Ability to both provide instructions and listen carefully to
- Exhibit a positive attitude
- High attention to detail
- Self-motivated and excellent work ethic
- Demonstrated team work and versatility in integrating into
multiple work environments.
- Individual must be able to read and understand instructions in
English as well as possess good oral & written communication
Keywords: Adex Corporation, Bakersfield , Lead WAP Technician, Professions , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!